Question for experienced cruisers. . .

MrsHeg

DIS Veteran
I just got back last night from my first "Wonder"ful cruise and Loved it. But since I've left the boat I can feel the motion, so much so that I haven't been able to even finish unpacking today.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I am prone to motion sickness and took Bonine the entire trip.pirate:

Every cruise that we take it takes my wife and I a day or so to loose that feeling.

Don't really notice it during the day as much as when we lay down to sleep.

It passes pretty quick though, but note both of us take no medicine for the motion and do not have a problem with it on the ship, so it may take longer for you being sensitive to motion.

we felt it too and it shouldn't last more than a couple days.

I have seen other DISwe's recommend taking the bonine for another day or two after you get home if the rocking motion persists.
Hope that helps!
Susie princess:

I actually love that feeling. :crazy: Its like a little momento.

It does wear off quickly - within a day or two. :(

it took me a couple of days to get readjusted again... bizarre because I felt the ship rocking a couple of nights but wasn't sick.

I think everyone experiences the Rocking After atleast once in their cruising lifetime. As stated, it usually doesn't last more than a day or two and you won't necessarily have it after every cruise.

Originally posted by DMS_cruisers04
I think everyone experiences the Rocking After atleast once in their cruising lifetime. As stated, it usually doesn't last more than a day or two and you won't necessarily have it after every cruise.

I had cruised a couple of times before having to use my scooter to get around and I remember that gentle post-cruise rocking feeling. After this last cruise, where I was on my scooter 90% of the time, though, I felt no rocking at all. I guess that, because I didn't have that constant necessity to readjust my body position to maintain balance while on the ship, I didn't have any of the hangover time while the feeling wore off.... It had never bothered me and now I kind of miss it...The cruise feeling without the cost of a cruise...

I continued taking the Bonine after the cruise and I 'rocked' for aboyt 10 days following the cruise. I almost went to the doctor for it, but it eventually went away-gradually. It was very strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter