Question for Escape Brides who used an additional outside photographer

chocolate_monsta

Earning My Ears
So, I have booked an escape package. I have booked both MK and Epcot park shoots for that morning. I have also booked Randy as an additional photographer for the ceremony and resort pics after.

Lastly - I am an international bride.

First I was told that we will get a print and website pics as only couples using disney photography exclusively get the albulm and DVD.

Of course, I emailed back immediately and asked why we would not still recieve the albulm and DVD we have paid for, we are not reducing what we are paying them, and we have infact added $1400 worth of photography on top.

The next response was that I would still get the albulm, but not the DVD.

Of course, I have gone back reiterating I was an international bride, so to order prints off the website, pay postage and have them arrive damaged was not ideal. I also mentioned that I had been told initially all international couples get the DVD, and I was told this before thier new package including the DVD came out. And this was the case when we got engaged there (with photographer) also.

I just don't understand when you don't remove anything from the package, and actually add more on, and give them less work to do, that they can remove things from the package.

When I spoke to my "planner" about getting Randy, it was never mentioned that it would affect and subtract things I have purchased from WDW (other than the disney photographer then doing the photo journolistic type shots in ceremony, and not posed) - and what I am now being told is completely different to what I was told back in 2009, and when I first booked this.

Also - I don't believe I have read anywhere in any literature, contract or otherwise that brining in an outside photographer means you wont get your DVD of pics you have paid for... They are still taking the pics, Randy wont be there for park shots...

UGH - I just don't get it! This is SUCH a frustrating process.

Having dealt with WDW photography in the past, with lots of helpful assistance from them, we were able to do some great post editing affects. Wanting to achieve something similar this time (and willing to pay accordingly) I have also been asking can I meet with the photographer for 5 mins the day before - NO.............. Apprently I am expected to convey everything, via email, through a planner, who may or may not have any clue about photography and editing.... And it would take me HOURS to draw, paste pictures and explain by text, what would take 5 mins in person. I'd rather not have to deal with it on the day, but will have to now....

Everything is so darn difficult if you want to do anything other than tick a standard box on the selection page. For the money you are paying, individual service is certianly not something you get! More like a production line!!!

Sorry - vent over!

Oh sorry - the question... ha ha

Did you still get your photo's on DVD, even though you had an additional outside photographer?

Especially international couples...??

Thanks!

:)

I'm a fellow Aussie bride in the much earlier stages of planning our Escape wedding! Unfortunately I can't help with your question, but am eagerly awaiting responses from others because we are planning to use an outside photographer too... your experience sounds so frustrating, I can't believe they would deduct something you've already paid for.. especially since you are having 2 park shoots as well!

Can I ask; how far out did you book Randy? I'm really worried about missing out on a good photographer if we wait until 8 monts out - but then also worried we won't get the date we want and possibly lose a deposit if we book too early.

Hope this all gets sorted soon :goodvibes

Hey Lulu,

I first contacted Randy about 1 month ago - just sent him a deposit the other day. Reading other ladies threads however, he is pretty understanding of WDW policy and how things always change, and where possible (unless your date changes to a date he is already booked) is happy enough to accomodate changes he can. Just shoot him off an email with your proposed date in the meantime. He can be a bit slow to reply to emails (just like WDW!!!)

We chose Randy is he is happy for me to show him what I like and use that for inspiration. He's also happy to do some post photography editing, and will supply all photo's in high res on a disk before we head home. Lastly, he's affordable.

There are some amazing photographers in the area, but at 3-7k.... without being able to meet them first and see full albulms etc, it just wasn't work the risk or cost. We have used WDW photography in the past - for our engagement - and found the photo's hit and miss. We had Ty and Amy - and are requesting Amy for our wedding - fingers crossed! So we booked Randy (who's photo's are great anyway, and every bride review is absolutely rapped about him and the pics) and put the money towards MK and Epcot shoots.

We had both for our engagement - MK during the proposal, with photographer present, and Epcot before the park opened. Some amazing locations for wedding photo's at Epcot! CAN'T WAIT!

I know we tend to get so stressed as brides, and I need to take it easy, but I DEFINATELY want my photo's on disk - else what good is 1 print and a website (that expires anyway) to me??? AGH! Given I am spending $1400 extra, plus whatever portion of the 5k escape fee is to photography, I don't see what difference it makes as to wether they supply the CD or not. Will see what they come back with!

It's certianly different to the way we do things here in the land of Aus though!!

Our date is September 28th 2011 - what's yours?

I recently used Randy and booked him over a year before our VR!! Although I didn't have a DFTW VR (mine was at the Swan), when I originally started my planning, I was having an Escape. I switched because of the numerous frustrations (like the one above), when dealing with DFTW!!!
When I was planning an Escape and, thus, couldn't book until 8 months out, Randy was brilliant about it!! He 'pencilled in' the date I was hoping for and said that if we didn't get it, he would transfer the deposit to another date or return it. He is very used to how DFTW work. I recommend you contact him ASAP!!!
I am a UK bride and, because I had two sessions with Randy (VR and TTD), and we were returning home just two days after the TTD session, I told him that I wanted him to take his time with the editing and not rush through it to get our discs to us before we left. I got to know him quite well and know how busy he is. So he will post us the discs (if something happens to them en-route, he will send them again, so no worries!!). He has got some 'sneek peeks' to us already and I am thrilled with them. I am sure you will love Randy!!!
Good luck!!!

So, I have booked an escape package. I have booked both MK and Epcot park shoots for that morning. I have also booked Randy as an additional photographer for the ceremony and resort pics after.

Lastly - I am an international bride.

First I was told that we will get a print and website pics as only couples using disney photography exclusively get the albulm and DVD.

Of course, I emailed back immediately and asked why we would not still recieve the albulm and DVD we have paid for, we are not reducing what we are paying them, and we have infact added $1400 worth of photography on top.

The next response was that I would still get the albulm, but not the DVD.

Of course, I have gone back reiterating I was an international bride, so to order prints off the website, pay postage and have them arrive damaged was not ideal. I also mentioned that I had been told initially all international couples get the DVD, and I was told this before thier new package including the DVD came out. And this was the case when we got engaged there (with photographer) also.

I just don't understand when you don't remove anything from the package, and actually add more on, and give them less work to do, that they can remove things from the package.

When I spoke to my "planner" about getting Randy, it was never mentioned that it would affect and subtract things I have purchased from WDW (other than the disney photographer then doing the photo journolistic type shots in ceremony, and not posed) - and what I am now being told is completely different to what I was told back in 2009, and when I first booked this.

Also - I don't believe I have read anywhere in any literature, contract or otherwise that brining in an outside photographer means you wont get your DVD of pics you have paid for... They are still taking the pics, Randy wont be there for park shots...

UGH - I just don't get it! This is SUCH a frustrating process.

Having dealt with WDW photography in the past, with lots of helpful assistance from them, we were able to do some great post editing affects. Wanting to achieve something similar this time (and willing to pay accordingly) I have also been asking can I meet with the photographer for 5 mins the day before - NO.............. Apprently I am expected to convey everything, via email, through a planner, who may or may not have any clue about photography and editing.... And it would take me HOURS to draw, paste pictures and explain by text, what would take 5 mins in person. I'd rather not have to deal with it on the day, but will have to now....

Everything is so darn difficult if you want to do anything other than tick a standard box on the selection page. For the money you are paying, individual service is certianly not something you get! More like a production line!!!

Sorry - vent over!

I'm so sorry that you're having these problems with Disney. We were married back in Novemeber 2010 and we received a disc with our MK and wedding photographs on them as we were a UK couple. It seems to be a new rule that international couples DO NOT receive the disc free. I couldn't tell you why or how they can justify it - it just seems to be another one of those Disney 'quirks'. :rolleyes1

What I can tell you though is that Randy will bend over backwards to give you the photographs you want. He is such a lovely guy and a wonderful, fun photographer. We couldn't be happier with the photographs we received from him. :cloud9:

I hope Disney manages to come up with an reason for their change in policy and hopefully honour the promise they gave you when you initially booked. Perhaps if you ask for the disc only with no prints and no album?

Fingers crossed for you.

we have just had out escape wedding and are an international couple from the UK. I have nothing good to say about disney photography and am so grateful we used an external photographer who bent overbackwards and stayed with us for 10hours. we are just getting an album but to be honest i would not want a disc of images as they were so bad from disney!!!!!

Seems Disney have changed their policy when I got married in Dec 09 I got a CD and an album but no website, I was told I didn't get the website because I got the CD.

I had Randy as well and it caused no issues with Disney.

Escape brides seem to be having a lot of issues with Disney lately and I know quite a few who've therefore decided to get married elsewhere instead. I guess I was really lucky with my planner who was wonderful.

We got married a few weeks ago and we too used Randy. Thank God is all i can say. Randy was our lead photographer and we had Darren from Disney (and yes Randy is as wonderful as everyone who's had him says) We havent had disney pics as of yet so cant say what he was like - but from what i can remember it didn't seem like darren was doing a lot (i might be wrong and he may of took loads of pics that i didn't realise he was taking). Randys pics are out of this world and we are more than chuffed with what we got. (Makes me want to get married again when i look at them - everything looks so perfect).

Regarding the disk disney told us that they now only send out a low res disk to international brides. We too argued this as when we originally booked it last year they hadn't bought this in so we wanted the hi-res disk. We got it added to our bio as they eventually did agree to this. Might be worth arguing it out with them. Like you i was an international bride and wanted to be able to print our pics to what ever size we required once we were home without having to order them from someone who's thousands of miles away. Disney did say that they would put our mk shoot pics on the disk as well so I'm now awaiting the CD.

we have just had out escape wedding and are an international couple from the UK. I have nothing good to say about disney photography and am so grateful we used an external photographer who bent overbackwards and stayed with us for 10hours. we are just getting an album but to be honest i would not want a disc of images as they were so bad from disney!!!!!

I hate to say it but i'm in agreement with our wedding day pics - i just dont think they will be anywhere near the skill and creativity of Randy. I'm hoping our pics with Amy and Regina when we did our mk shoot are better.

Hey Lulu,

I first contacted Randy about 1 month ago - just sent him a deposit the other day. Reading other ladies threads however, he is pretty understanding of WDW policy and how things always change, and where possible (unless your date changes to a date he is already booked) is happy enough to accomodate changes he can. Just shoot him off an email with your proposed date in the meantime. He can be a bit slow to reply to emails (just like WDW!!!)

We chose Randy is he is happy for me to show him what I like and use that for inspiration. He's also happy to do some post photography editing, and will supply all photo's in high res on a disk before we head home. Lastly, he's affordable.

There are some amazing photographers in the area, but at 3-7k.... without being able to meet them first and see full albulms etc, it just wasn't work the risk or cost. We have used WDW photography in the past - for our engagement - and found the photo's hit and miss. We had Ty and Amy - and are requesting Amy for our wedding - fingers crossed! So we booked Randy (who's photo's are great anyway, and every bride review is absolutely rapped about him and the pics) and put the money towards MK and Epcot shoots.

We had both for our engagement - MK during the proposal, with photographer present, and Epcot before the park opened. Some amazing locations for wedding photo's at Epcot! CAN'T WAIT!

I know we tend to get so stressed as brides, and I need to take it easy, but I DEFINATELY want my photo's on disk - else what good is 1 print and a website (that expires anyway) to me??? AGH! Given I am spending $1400 extra, plus whatever portion of the 5k escape fee is to photography, I don't see what difference it makes as to wether they supply the CD or not. Will see what they come back with!

It's certianly different to the way we do things here in the land of Aus though!!

Our date is September 28th 2011 - what's yours?

Thanks for the info and advice! :goodvibes I completely agree with you about insisting on having your images on disc.. I'm exactly the same. I really want to be able to re-print, have some canvases made up etc. And it would be a total nightmare having to ship prints to Aus from the US.

You don't have long to go at all! We're aiming for November next year. I wanted to see the Christmas decorations and don't think we'll quite have saved up enough to make it this year so 2012 it is (feels like sooo far away right now though) Do you have a planning journal? I'd love to hear more about your plans (which location you've picked etc.) I think the Aussie DFTW brides are few and far between!

So - 4 weeks and 4 days until we leave for the states - can't wait.

Just as an update - spoke to Rosie on the phone (who does all the floral) and it seems she got roped into talking about the photography with me too.

They flat out refuse to give the disk - saying it's only low res anyway, for facebook/email use... It seems they are pretty good at holding firm to whatever they say, and I didn't want to get into a huge argument and have them put notes on my file to sabotage the whole wedding - lol. I'm still very peeved however that when I asked my planner if having an outside photographer was ok - she only said just check if they will still let Disney shoot as some wont, and if they do, Disney will just do photo journalistic shots. There was absolutely no mention that I'd also loose the DVD (and the album initially...) so I really think with her failure to mention that they should still offer it... Regardless however I gave in and am paying for the high res disk in addition, so it really doesn't matter.

In addition - I'd better finish filling in my paperwork with the cake choices etc and send it back - and re check everything was booked. I was told the Epcot shoot had been added to our MK shoot (for an extra $300 why wouldn't you I guess) - but when Rosie called she couldn't see it and had to re add it for me.....

Rosie was very sweet with helping sort the flowers - I mostly said "whatever you think will look best".... And aside from these photography arguments, my planner has been lovely and helpful, even if slow to respond to email.

Hmmmm - better go and choose our private dining menu! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter