Question for current cast members

Taylor D

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody, I'm new to this board so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place! :)
So it has always been a dream of mine to work at Disney World but everyone I talk to wants to try to talk me out of it. Most of them say that once you work there it takes "the magic" out of it and makes you hate disney. I can't even begin to imagine getting tired of Disney so I was wondering if any cast members have ever experienced this?

For me, working at WDW didn't ruin the magic for me at all! In fact, after seeing all the "behind the scenes" stuff that goes on, it just made it that much more magical for me. I still spent almost all my days off at the parks! Also, working there is really great because you get to feel a part of the magic. I know some people during my CP who ended up feeling disillusioned by the end of it, but a lot of those people were the ones who came to party and not actually for the experience at Disney. At least that was my experience.

I've been at WDW on and off for 8 years (FT for over 3), and it has not ruined the magic for me! I love working at WDW

Having worked for the Company now for over three years, I currently love it and wouldn't want to work anywhere else. I can say though, that its not going to be all smiles and pixie dust Like working for any company, you have good months and bad months, tough years, and great years. The difference with Disney though is the "what we do" factor. Very few companies impact the world the way Disney does. The role I currently have with the company can be done in hundreds of other companies for about twice the salary. I choose to stay with Disney because not only what I do, but the impact that it has on the world. I have a sense of pride and I look forward to work each day, even during the tougher times because I know what I do is important. Working for Disney isn't for everyone, it does take a special kind of person...you might be one of them!

Yay! That's what I was hoping everybody would say! I know that working there is probably tougher than a lot of jobs but right now it's the only place I see myself wanting to work. Hopefully I'll be there very soon :)

People said the same to me, or that I would tire of Disney as I got older. However, working for Disney just made me the opposite - I love it even more now! For me, working there has totally enhanced my appreciation of the magic :goodvibes

This is my second program and the magic hasn't been killed at all for me. Every time I go into the parks to play I still appreciate everything that goes on to make the show complete. I'll admit you may see stuff backstage that is a little disheartening or surprising, but by no means does that take away from the magic for me. There are some CPs who do the program and self term because the magic isn't there for them any more. As for tiring of working for Disney, each person is different, but I enjoy working at the #1 visited theme park in the world. People spend thousands of dollars to visit the place where I am paid to be and I think that's awesome.

I participated in the Disney Career Start Program from Feb 2011-Aug 2011 and I can tell you that I still absolutely love Disney World and want to go back every single day. I can also tell you that you will work extrememly hard and you will have a really bad days. You will get homesick and you will be exhausted.

But it is without a doubt the most rewarding experience I've ever had, and I would do it again in a heart beat! Plus I met my boyfriend in Disney World and we have been together for 2.5 years now! We moved to Iowa together and are planning our next Disney World trip soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter