• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for CMs

socababy

DIS Veteran
Do any CMs remember if they were blocked from going to any parks during Thanksgiving week? Trying to nail down park days for our Nov trip but want to make sure my BF can get in. He doesn't recall what blackout dates he's had in the past. The planner in me needs to know. Hahaha My kids and I will have APs.

For CM id only not that I can remember. Maybe MK on Thanksgiving itself.

However if he has not request those days off and had them approved already I imagine he will not be getting much time off. It is not uncommon to work 10-12 hour days around that time.

Clarification question. I see you are in CA are you going to DL or Disney World?

For WDW, Thanksgiving 2015 - Of course this year that may change for Epcot & AK since they are the parks that have received new attractions etc. Right now the block out dates are only posted through September.

MK
Friday, November 20, 2015 - Monday, November 30, 2015
red-sq.png
Block-out: Disney Family Holiday Celebration tickets (for eligible domestic Employees)
red-sq.png
Block-out: Main Entrance Pass (Spouse & Guest)

Epcot
No block outs

DHS
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - Friday, November 27, 2015
red-sq.png
Block-out: Disney Family Holiday Celebration tickets (for eligible domestic Employees)
red-sq.png

AK
No block outs

--------------------------------------------------------

For Disneyland, Thanksgiving 2015 -

Disneyland
Saturday, November 21, 2015 - Sunday, November 22, 2015
red-sq.png
Monday, November 23, 2015 - Wednesday, November 25, 2015
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
Block-out: Employee Self-Admission (Employee Only)
red-sq.png
Thursday, November 26, 2015
red-sq.png
Friday, November 27, 2015 - Saturday, November 28, 201

CA
Sunday, November 22, 2015
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
red-sq.png

For CM id only not that I can remember. Maybe MK on Thanksgiving itself.

However if he has not request those days off and had them approved already I imagine he will not be getting much time off. It is not uncommon to work 10-12 hour days around that time.

Clarification question. I see you are in CA are you going to DL or Disney World?

We are going to WDW.

Yes he already requested time off. He's only been a CM here in CA for less than a year but had 12 years at WDW. Definitely tougher for him to get time off here in CA!

For WDW, Thanksgiving 2015 - Of course this year that may change for Epcot & AK since they are the parks that have received new attractions etc. Right now the block out dates are only posted through September.

MK
Friday, November 20, 2015 - Monday, November 30, 2015
red-sq.png
red-sq.png

Epcot
No block outs

DHS
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - Friday, November 27, 2015
red-sq.png
red-sq.png

AK
No block outs

--------------------------------------------------------

For Disneyland, Thanksgiving 2015 -

Disneyland
Saturday, November 21, 2015 - Sunday, November 22, 2015
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
Thursday, November 26, 2015
red-sq.png
Friday, November 27, 2015 - Saturday, November 28, 201

CA
Sunday, November 22, 2015
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
red-sq.png
red-sq.png

Yes he said they are only posted through September so I thought I'd ask about last year. Thank you for that info, very helpful. Was mainly looking at the Saturday after Thanksgiving and so far we look good there!

Yikes, I just realized MK was blocked out that entire week for CMs. Am I reading that correctly? We plan on going to MK the Tues before Thanksgiving. That'll be a bummer.

Just reread it. I see main entrance pass is different than employee self entrance. If that's the case, he seems to be able to get in all week?!

Just reread it. I see main entrance pass is different than employee self entrance. If that's the case, he seems to be able to get in all week?!

It's a little confusing. Our pass is called a "Main Entrance Pass" but it can be used with or without Guest Passes. Self-admission (no use of Guest Passes) is blocked out pretty rarely, but using the MEP to admit Guest Passes is blocked out somewhat often.

I think it also depends on how long you have been working at Disney. I know someone that has worked for Disney for 35+ years and she has no black out dates and can bring someone into the parks any day

Do any CMs remember if they were blocked from going to any parks during Thanksgiving week? Trying to nail down park days for our Nov trip but want to make sure my BF can get in. He doesn't recall what blackout dates he's had in the past. The planner in me needs to know. Hahaha My kids and I will have APs.
In your other post, your APs weren't noted. So, with your APs linked to the CM's MDE account, your FP booking window will open to 30-days rather than remain at 7 days! :)

If you added a one-night onsite stay at the beginning of your stay, the 60-day FP window will open and will roll forward each day. Something to consider because you are going at such a busy time of year.

In your other post, your APs weren't noted. So, with your APs linked to the CM's MDE account, your FP booking window will open to 30-days rather than remain at 7 days! :)

If you added a one-night onsite stay at the beginning of your stay, the 60-day FP window will open and will roll forward each day. Something to consider because you are going at such a busy time of year.

Actually we are staying onsite at GFV so we'll have the 60 day FP window. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any days that he was blocked getting himself in!

Actually we are staying onsite at GFV so we'll have the 60 day FP window. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any days that he was blocked getting himself in!
Thanks because in the FP FAQ thread you were staying offsite and using a CM Main Gate and a Guest Pass.

Completely different FP booking window if you are onsite and with an AP. :)

Thanks because in the FP FAQ thread you were staying offsite and using a CM Main Gate and a Guest Pass.

Completely different FP booking window if you are onsite and with an AP. :)

That's a different trip! Hahahaha I won't be activating my AP until Nov. My BF and I are going to Food and Wine sans kids where he will use his guest pass for me. That one we are staying offsite.

That's a different trip! Hahahaha I won't be activating my AP until Nov. My BF and I are going to Food and Wine sans kids where he will use his guest pass for me. That one we are staying offsite.
If you purchase your AP ahead of your F&W trip, link the voucher to you in the CM's MDE and the 30-day FP booking window will open for the Main Gate and Guest Pass - much better than a 7-day window. Just don't activate the AP until you need to use it.

If you purchase your AP ahead of your F&W trip, link the voucher to you in the CM's MDE and the 30-day FP booking window will open for the Main Gate and Guest Pass - much better than a 7-day window. Just don't activate the AP until you need to use it.

Hadn't even thought of that! Good idea. I have actually have already bought my AP so I'll link it to his MDE. So when a CM is using his guest pass for FP+, they don't need to assign a person's name to the guest pass?

Hadn't even thought of that! Good idea. I have actually have already bought my AP so I'll link it to his MDE. So when a CM is using his guest pass for FP+, they don't need to assign a person's name to the guest pass?
No, a name cannot be assigned to a Guest Pass. It's only identified by its last 3 digits. A MagicBand also cannot be linked to a Guest Pass.

No, a name cannot be assigned to a Guest Pass. It's only identified by its last 3 digits. A MagicBand also cannot be linked to a Guest Pass.

Thank you so much! You've been a huge help! My BF is a bit of a procrastinator so probably wouldn't have found this info out for awhile which goes against every fiber in my planning self!! Hahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter