Question for CMs.

katyj26

Disney Addict
So I'm not sure where to put this question. But I'm really interested in moving down to Disney to work. I live in Michigan now but Disney is like another home to me. I love it so much and I feel like I could do a lot of things there. So a couple of questions for the CMs on these boards. How do you get the job you really want? And what kind of job is the VIP guide? (I saw a guy showing a little girl around and going on ToT with her while her parents were elsewhere.) this would be perfect for me.
Thanks!

Not a CM but I would imagine it's like any other job. You work your way up. You don't walk in and say "this is what I want to do" and they wave a wand and you get it. There's probably thousands of people on this board alone that could act as tour guides.

So I'm not sure where to put this question. But I'm really interested in moving down to Disney to work. I live in Michigan now but Disney is like another home to me. I love it so much and I feel like I could do a lot of things there. So a couple of questions for the CMs on these boards. How do you get the job you really want? And what kind of job is the VIP guide? (I saw a guy showing a little girl around and going on ToT with her while her parents were elsewhere.) this would be perfect for me.
Thanks!

I just moved here int Jan. to do my dream job full time and I am from Michigan too! It is a hard adjustment but I managed to make it work. This was MY personal path.

2009 – 2010 = College Program in 4 different roles
2011 – 2012 = Return back to school to graduate
2011 – 2012 = Remained with the company as a Campus Representative
2012 - 2013 = Professional Internship in my degree field
2013 – Current = Full time position in my degree field

As you can tell I have been with the company for a few years and I am just now getting to where I want to be. From my personal experience I haven’t met anyone that has entered this company in their dream position. My recommendation is to be open to all roles and then get cross trained into where you want to be. Also, you have more opportunities when you are trained in multiple positions. Also if you can I recommend doing one of the College Programs and/or Professional Internships. Applications for Professional Internships are open now. If you need any help with anything add me on FB and shoot me a message. Here is my link https://www.facebook.com/Jaimenjones .

PS. I have no idea the official name of the role that you want to be in but that role can be super stressful with international guest

To get to be a VIP multi-park tour guide you have to have worked in Guest Relations in more than one park. And getting full-time status at GR is not easy; other than College Program or International you generally have to have worked somewhere else first,

I have two friends - a married couple. At about 30 he wanted to do move to Orlando and work for Disney. They did. DW got a job in Orlando in her old field - actually a transfer of sorts as the companies were connected.

DH worked for years - took reservations over the phone - to supervising people who do ressies over the phone. (All through the early-mid 90s.) Then went to DVC and was a manager there. THEN he go a job at AK when it opened. Went back to DVC. THEN after 15 years+ he got the real job he wanted at MK.

DW took a job at Disney when one came open in her field (financial). She worked her way up and is a VP of... .

This all took YEARS! They have been there for almost 20 years.

We've talked about taking early retirement and doing moving down. In this economy I am too scared! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter