Question for anyone who doesn't live in the "South"?

Rora

<font color=darkorchid>I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn
I have lived in the South all my life and so has my family so excuse my musical ignorance...

My question for anyone lives in a state that isn't deemed Southern (New England, Out West, etc) is:
Is there country music on your radio??

Just wondering about this as I sit singing along to some good ol' Country tunes!

Ooh, I know this one! When I lived in Los Angeles, there was indeed country music on the radio. In fact, my time in SoCal was the only time I ever listed to country music -big surprise. I think people seem to forget that it's not just southern music, it's country western, and cowboys were big in California once upon a time.

All I listen to - as does my adult DD and my 11 yr. old DGD.. We like WGNA 107.7..:thumbsup2

I live in Indiana and there is lots of country music on the radio. I sometimes feel like the only person I know that doesn't listen to it.

i live in Western New York and i think we have maybe 2 country stations.

i'm not a fan tho so i don't really listen to them. tbh i don't listen to the radio much at all anymore, i'm just not into much music these days.

we have at least one country music station...i couldn't tell you what it is, though! :goodvibes

Country music is all anyone listens to up here! (I don't mean that in a negative way).

I went through a phase where I listened to it all the time a few years ago, and now I still enjoy select artists, but my preference is still Motown, old boy bands, Disney stuff ... but there's always room for Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc!

We were pretty much as far in the NE as you could get w/o being in Canada (Northern NY) and YES there were country stations. Music is universal...

I'm in CT and if there are any, I've never heard them. Country music is more popular than it's ever been, but I think it's more the mainstream country like Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, etc. Definitely not as popular as in the south.

I went through a phase where I listened to it all the time a few years ago, and now I still enjoy select artists, but my preference is still Motown, old boy bands, Disney stuff ... but there's always room for Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc!

Same here. In my 20's that is all I listened to. It's still my favorite kind of dancing. However, I'm with loveWDWalways as far as the music I listen to these days, plus add in oldies & 70's music.

I live just outside of NYC and I do not believe there are any country stations at all.
There used to be one years ago, but nothing recently.

When they had the CMAs here a couple of years ago I remember they were like the CMAs are in NY where there is no country music station-doesn't make a lot of sense.

Same here. In my 20's that is all I listened to. It's still my favorite kind of dancing. However, I'm with loveWDWalways as far as the music I listen to these days, plus add in oldies & 70's music.

:thumbsup2 I like your taste in music!

Like I said before, I mostly listen to the genres I listed (I just love the Backstreet Boys, The Temptations, Jo Bros - yes, I love 'em! - etc.), but there's also something about country artists like George Strait and other similarly respected individuals that can appeal to many people with various musical tastes.

I'm not a fan of country music but I know there were a few country stations when I lived in Los Angeles and there are a lot of country stations here in Kansas.

I live Maine and there are quite a few channels that are country.....I dont listen to it often but its out there........

NEPA and yes we have country stations.. they are programmed into my radio because that's all I listen too. I was the strange girl in school who liked Garth and Nascar before they were "cool".

I live just outside of NYC and I do not believe there are any country stations at all.
There used to be one years ago, but nothing recently.

This is exactly what I was going to post. My one friend was very upset when the station changed formats.

The closest we get to country songs around here are Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift and only their real pop stuff, like the cheating song where she carved her name into his leather seats! Oh and they did used to play that Achy Breaky Heart song way back when...whatever happened to that guy? ;)

Northern NJ--no, but within about 20 minutes I can get a country music station--NOT THAT I WANT TO!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter