Question for 10+ day trip-goers.

Really? Wow. We try to re-wear clothes as much as reasonably possible, even in the home, to conserve electricity and water. The kids know to look over their clothes when they take them off and decide if they need to be washed or if they can be put back in the drawer. That seems like a lot of outfits. We also have gone to WDW in the summer in a really long time, so I guess that could be the difference.

We usually wear 2 outfits per day at WDW, too. During the summer, we all sweat a lot. No one wants to put on the sweaty clothes he wore for most of the day in a hot park after a mid-day swim or shower. I can pack 8 outfits per person, but that's only good for 4 days at WDW during the summer if we use 2 outfits per day due to excessive heat. Laundry is necessary for us.

Really? Wow. We try to re-wear clothes as much as reasonably possible, even in the home, to conserve electricity and water. The kids know to look over their clothes when they take them off and decide if they need to be washed or if they can be put back in the drawer. That seems like a lot of outfits. We also have gone to WDW in the summer in a really long time, so I guess that could be the difference.

We also wear 2 outfits per day (shower before dinner and clean clothes) and we do laundry at least once on a 10+ day trip.:)

You can buy the one load size detergent at Target. I believe it's under the 3 oz size limitation so you can put it in your carry on (if you are not checking any bags) and it's like $1.50, a lot cheaper than what you will pay for the one load box that they have the in laundry room.

Our last trip was for 11 days and I packed knowing I'd be doing laundry at some point. Turns out I still over packed, yet did laundry 3 times :confused3. (I'm one of those that packs for every situation...) Anyhow, I would do it at night while the kids swam. We stayed at POP and the laundry was right next to the pool in our section (50's), so also very close to our room. It worked out great. Next time, I plan on really cutting back on how much we take.

PS- For detergent, I bought those all in one laundry sheets. Can't remember the brand. Instead of bringing entire box, I placed 4-5 in a ziplock bag and also packed a bag of quarters.

We only went for 8 days, but I did laundry. I didn't want to check any more bags than we had to (we only checked one - we each had a carry on and a personal bag, and then we checked our super big suitcase.)

I'll be doing laundry next time, too - although there'll be 4 of this this time so I'm thinking about shipping down a box of "consumables" - stuff I won't need to bring back with us like snacks, etc.

Last trip we were there for 8 days but brought enough clothes for 2 outfits per day. We would go to the parks early, come back and shower/change in the afternoon, and then go back out at night. I did bring quarters and the Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets to do laundry just in case, but tried to avoid doing laundry and I was able to. We would have just thrown a load in during the afternoon while at the pool though if we had to. I have a luggage scale and my suitcase, even with all the clothes and toiletries, was 45 lbs so I was under the requirement :thumbsup2

We always bring enough clothes for 3-4 days and wash. We usually plan to wash at a time we set aside to swim at the pool or do something else at the hotel.

This will be the first of our trips in which I anticipate doing washing... mainly because DS 3.5 isn't entirely reliable in the potty department, so I know I shall be washing damp pants...

For DH and myself we've never done washing... I just throw in all my summer clothes, usually taking lots home unwashed. I can't seem to figure out how to travel light, and I always want what I've left at home. We always go for 2 weeks, and often in the cooler weather so we have more of a mixture of clothes to take though, and sweat less..

Glad we have DVC and it'll be free. Does anyone know if the rooms have anything to hang washing on to dry, rather than using the drier?

We bring enough clothes that we don't look like we're wearing the same thing every day :rotfl:

Back in February, so many of our photos have the same shirt, you'd never know we were there for 8 days. We do a load in the villa every other day. You can never have enough underwear packed, especially in summer :crazy2:

on long trips... i need a one bedroom villa. i need the space if i'm going to be there that long--plus there's the w/d and we do laundry all the time.

i get the packets of tide from target's travel section and take a few dryer sheets with me!!

Home is entirely different from WDW. I shower every other day at home and usually rewear pants/jeans at least 3 times before I wash them, and bras get worn 2-3 times as well. Shirts get gross from armpits though and get tossed in. Well, that, and I'm messy :rotfl:

Let's not kid ourselves. If you're in WDW in 80 degrees, and you've spent the entire morning & afternoon walking around, probably 3ish miles at minimum, you smell bad. Never mind the sunscreen that has probably been smeared on your clothes, if not by you than by the person you bumped into in line. Those clothes can't be reworn, and you need a shower. I personally would rather spend the 4-5 hours of non-sweaty time having just showered and put on fresh non-smelly clothes, but that's me - I don't like feeling like I've been at the gym for a week straight on vacation.

we don't usually do any clothes washing, i packed enough for both of us for a full 14 days.
though, in the room was a washer and dryer and i wasn't about to let it go to waste with free washing powder too! so i did a bit of washing of some t shirts for hubby after hot days, and socks and pants (which i would have done in the sink anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter