• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question: Dine-and-play on formal night?

jrosstrinity

Earning My Ears
Only three and a half weeks until our Alaskan cruise aboard the Wonder. My 10-year-old daughter wants to take advantage of the Dine-and-Play option, since we have 2nd seating for dinner. On the formal and semi-formal nights do the kiddos go to the Lab in their fancy clothes? Should she bring "play" clothes to dinner and change once at the Lab? :confused3

Playing in her fancy dress doesn't sound like much fun! Any help appreciated!

Great question and not one I had thought of either. I am guessing we will bring clothes to change in to for our DD 3and 8.

Mine always wore their fancy clothes but if I had a responsible 10 yr old, I'd probably tell they could go to the room, change and then to the Lab.

Just off the fantasy. Our kids went on formal night in their dressy clothes and were fine. We changed them before pluto's pajama party, but our server said it was no big deal if we brought them to dinner in pajamas.

My DD went in her formal clothes and did just fine. It seemed like ome of the evening activities were more entertainment and Kessler rough and tumble.

There was one night with Pluto's Pajama party where a lot of the kids, mine included, brought pj's to change into.

My daughter loved doing Dine and Play!

Thanks everyone for your answers. My DD is very excited about the Dine and Play option, too. I really was hoping for 1st seating at dinner, but I think she is going to enjoy this so much! I hadn't heard about the pajama party. She will love it!:cheer2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter