Question - are the Tour Groups there NOW?

Oh no. I want to go early Feb and was hoping to stay at AoA because it has more space and the separate bedroom option. Now this has really put me off staying here. But would like two bedrooms without costing the earth.

We stayed at AoA Jan/Feb this year and didn't see any tour groups at AoA or Pop. We found the sweet spot, I guess (during Super Bowl)?

We did run into tour groups and cheerleaders (ugh) when we toured the All Stars that week. I couldn't wait to get out of there, and of course my kids never wanted to leave.

I will also say we encountered the same group of teen girls on our Epcot and MK days (it was like they were following us around the park), and they didn't chant once. The only reason we knew where they were from was by their bags and leaders yelling for them to stay together. They were a dream, compared to the stories and videos here.

Second day at WDW and we have not seen a single tour group of any kind. We avoid EMH parks, so maybe that helps.

What is President's Day weekend and the week following like for big touring groups (from any country)? We now have a whole week off then and I was wondering what it might be like. Thanks!

I think November is pretty safe from the big tour groups, and most high school and younger teams. But I hear there is Jersey Week ... I've never been then others will have to fill you in. (I am a native NJ girl :goodvibes so no hard feelings )

yeah I know about Jersey week, we are avoiding that time. :)

There is either a group here currently or they were here last week. We saw a HUGE chanting group, all with bright pink backpacks at DHS on Monday morning. They were approaching bag check when we were so DH and I sped up a bit so we wouldn't be behind them.

We saw a HUGE chanting group, all with bright pink backpacks

They're STILL there?!!!!lol:)

19798729899_68e8422ca1_b.jpg

hoping the answer is no
We left for home just this morning. I've been in early February before and have experienced the large groups of 15ners first hand. This week we found there were a LOT of Spanish speaking families but not the packs of 50+ teenagers that we've encountered in the past. It really didn't make a difference in crowd levels - still a great time of the year to go. I much prefer this group of families verses the packs15ners.

Nobody should care if there are touring groups in the parks.

Nobody would care if they acted properly. It's the pushing and shoving and chanting and cutting in line and general rudeness that put people off. We were there when large groups were touring and some were unbelievably well behaved and were respectful and courteous in line etc. I don't think anyone has a problem with the well behaved groups, they really have no impact on anyone. It's the groups that are rude and mis behaving that people have a problem with. Because when one or two people are loud or rude, meh, you just shrug and move on. But when a massive group of 50 are loud and rude, it has an impact on everyone around them.

Nobody should care if there are touring groups in the parks.

I care if they are rude, loud, obnoxious and discourteous. I don't care about large groups, it's Disney, heck my kids have gone in large groups but when you impact those around you because of your behavior there need to be consequences and people should and do care because it negatively impacts their experience. None of us have the right to let our "fun" infringe on the "fun" of others.

I care if they are rude, loud, obnoxious and discourteous. I don't care about large groups, it's Disney, heck my kids have gone in large groups but when you impact those around you because of your behavior there need to be consequences and people should and do care because it negatively impacts their experience. None of us have the right to let our "fun" infringe on the "fun" of others.

Agree!! I personally have gone with family in Nov, Jersey week... it wasn't bad. July/Aug and that was horrible. I like many others have said, do not mind the large well behaved groups but the line hopping, acting like they have no clue what you said, and im sorry, but the stopping too sometimes to perform or whatever grinds my nerves too... they randomly would stop and chant and it is tough to get around such a big group when crowds are already high. You could tell others were finding it irritating when they kept going and to where you couldn't hear someone talk

yeah I know about Jersey week, we are avoiding that time. :)

:) We always go at Jersey Week, and have never had a problem/and don't understand the sentiment that it is a week to avoid?
The only thing I have ever noticed is a Dad yelling,"Hey, Antony, get ovah heah!!!!
So, don't let that week bother you. We always have fun:)

:) We always go at Jersey Week, and have never had a problem/and don't understand the sentiment that it is a week to avoid?
The only thing I have ever noticed is a Dad yelling,"Hey, Antony, get ovah heah!!!!
So, don't let that week bother you. We always have fun:)

oh man!!! Now I wish I was going during Jersey week ;)

We stayed at Sports over the 4th of July long weekend and the 15 groups were there. I enjoyed talking to them on the bus. They were very well behaved every time I saw them. I have seen some in the parks being loud but never had a bad experience that would make me go a different month. We have seen more bad behavior with the Pop Warner boys in early December.
We were also there last week and saw a group or two over Labor Day weekend. Again quiet, I don't think they are morning people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter