Question about When to visit in october

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
I have read HydroGuy's thread on when to visit DLR. I'm willing to foresake lighter crowds to see the new shows coming to DL for the Diamond Celebration. This leads to my questions. Is October considered a High time in terms of night time entertainment? I'm thinking about going in October and want to re-see World of Color. This means I want should think about a Thursday-Monday trip (10/23-10/27) or a Monday through Friday 10/22-10/26. With the new night time things, Would they be every night during that point of year? Really want to see the Nighttime Parade over anything else because I enjoy MSEP at MK.

In Oct you'll also have to factor in Mickey's Halloween Party, althought no one really knows what is going on with it this year. Previously 1-2 of those nights would host a party which would eliminate evening entertainment from DL, but people are speculating that it might be in DCA this year. If so, it could impact WOC...no one really knows. There is a thread somewhere that shows historical entertainment schedules so you can see if fireworks were offered nightly or weekends only. Although, again, wih the 60th, maybe they'll be nightly all year? Is that a thing?

In Oct you'll also have to factor in Mickey's Halloween Party, althought no one really knows what is going on with it this year. Previously 1-2 of those nights would host a party which would eliminate evening entertainment from DL, but people are speculating that it might be in DCA this year. If so, it could impact WOC...no one really knows. There is a thread somewhere that shows historical entertainment schedules so you can see if fireworks were offered nightly or weekends only. Although, again, wih the 60th, maybe they'll be nightly all year? Is that a thing?

I didn't think there was a hard ticket Halloween event at DL. That makes things more interesting. How expensive is Mickey's Halloween party and When do we know dates and location for it?

Historically October was not considered a peak period in terms of nighttime entertainment, but the parks aren't empty either. Fireworks and F! are generally only on weekends (Sat and Sun). For the last few years there has been a MHP on all of the Friday nights during Oct, so there were special fireworks (Halloween Screams), but no Fantasmic. WoC was presented nightly. However as CassieF said, the 60th anniversary many change everything. There are rumors that MHP will move to DCA, so this year may be very different from the past. If MHP moves to DCA, it may mean there will be F! and fireworks on Fridays, but no WoC (for non-party goers) on party nights. Unfortunately, we probably won't know more about MHP for several months.

:rotfl: Last year they announced the dates for MHPS in early July, with tickets going on sale later that month. With the 60th happening in July this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce the MHP dates or location until after the 60th anniversary. Still I'm hoping we'll find out before then...

Then, It sounds better to do a Thursday-Monday type of trip then. Will keep an eye on flights with that in Mind. I do want to see the new night time parade, so I hope that at least is a nightly thing during the 60th anniversary. I kind of doubt. Last minute announcing of things makes it harder for those who are long distance travelers to make decisions and that's what they want long term for DLR. Thanks for the help on this.

If you do opt to go in October, it's worth pointing out that many of the weekends are usually very busy in the parks. The first weekend (10/2-4) in October is when Gay Days happen and the second weekend (10/10-12) is a three day weekend (Columbus Day) with CHOC walk on Sunday. The third weekend (10/15-18) is part of the week when many/most Utah schools are out because of the UEA Convention, which seems to increase crowds in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter