Question about wet rides at IOA

KimWDW

Disney Obsessed!
I'm not too concerned about my clothes getting wet because in the hot sun, I'll dry in no time. However, I hate my socks and sneakers getting wet. And I don't do sandals in the parks, I need my running shoes!

So, my question is... is there anywhere to put stuff on the three wet rides? (Pluto, Dudley, & Jurassic). Will I be able to strip my sneakers off and shove them somewhere? Do they have a pounch or somewhere to put your stuff on the ride?

Thanks. :)

I'm not too concerned about my clothes getting wet because in the hot sun, I'll dry in no time. However, I hate my socks and sneakers getting wet. And I don't do sandals in the parks, I need my running shoes!

So, my question is... is there anywhere to put stuff on the three wet rides? (Pluto, Dudley, & Jurassic). Will I be able to strip my sneakers off and shove them somewhere? Do they have a pounch or somewhere to put your stuff on the ride?

Thanks. :)
I would just bring some kind of plastic bag you could zip closed to keep the shoes/socks dry. You will get SOAKED on Ripsaw Falls and Popeye & Bluto's so it's going to be a challenge.

JP-don't worry about it. You will most likely only get your upper body wet.

Popeye & Blutos--you're supposed to leave shoes on the entire ride. You *can* take your shoes and socks off and put them in the middle plastic compartment after leaving the loading bay. Be quick, as the drenching begins at that point.

Dudley--If you can, sit in the front. You'll get soaked, but the little "cubby hole" in the front of the log is the least wet part. If you have long legs---eek. The front has no legroom.

I had to laugh (not at you) when I read this post. My DF has to wear shoes and I'd never seen him in anything but, until this summer. I went out and bought him a pair of ECCO sandals (like water-proof hiking sandals) before our trip, and he wore them to IOA to "humor" me. I didn't think I'd ever get them back off him after the trip, he loved the comfort, and was so glad he wasn't sloshing around in wet tennies.

Unless you sit in the back on Jurassic, your feet will get wet when you do over the falls. I would carry a spare pair of socks and maybe shoes.

You will have a compartment on Popeye that you can store anything.

Watch it on Popeye! This is our (me, my DH and DS (9) )favorite ride but ride it as you are leaving and have a complete change of clothes available or you will feel very uncomfortable walking around (even if its your last ride, its a long way to the exit and through City Walk). But definitely ride it, its so much fun!!!:goodvibes

Clothes can dry yes,shoes not.Like DM stated on popeye your going to get soaked.

My DW started wearing those sandals called crocs.And I got to tell Ya they are comfterble as heck,I bought myself a pair.

With these I will ride popeye several times in a row now:thumbsup2

Also if I'm there and you ride Ripsaw Falls--I'm going to get you wet with the water cannons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lockers next to Dudley Do-Right but they are not free like the ones outside Hulk and Dueling Dragons. You do have to pay $2 per hour for them. However, that may be a small price to pay for dry shoes. We took flip flops with us in our backpack and changed into those for all three of the water rides at IOA. Then we put out stuff (backpack, camera, cellphone, shoes) inside a plastic garbage bag and tied it shut. My backpack got a little wet on one side, but everything else was fine otherwise. It was sure nice to put on dry socks and shoes afterwards.

I find its always a good idea to do all the wet rides in a row and then change into dry clothes if you have them with you. As mentioned above the lockers are a great idea and a plastic bag as well to keep your wet clothing in !!

We always wear water shorts, they dry very quickly and aren't unconfortable when they are wet! :thumbsup2 We found on hot days, we are always going back to Popeye's & Bluto's to cool off, so changing clothes isn't an option.

I'm going in October during HHN. I will not be doing HHN (let's just say that "It's Tough to be a Bug" scares me), so my plan was to hit US first then head over to IOA when US closes early. IOA closes at 7pm that night, so I was thinking that I could leave all the water rides to the end (maybe starting around 5pm - I have FOTL) and just go straight back to the hotel when I'm done.

I've never been, so I don't know if that is a really bad idea (i.e. the rides are all very far apart of each other). It does seem to me that most of the wet rides are are IOA rather than US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter