• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about water during Disney Marathon

belledreamer

Writer, dreamer, and Honorary Lost Girl
So I'm currently training to run the Princess 5k next year (and possibly the 1/2 marthon!) so I'm super excited!

However in the past couple of trips to Disney for vacation, I've been getting sick to the stomach (vomiting, etc.) the entire time I've been there and I'm almost sure it's because of the water. Which has got me worried because I don't want to be running 13 miles sick to my stomach...

Does anyone else have problems with drinking Disney water and if you do, what do you do to combat that problem? Do you carry bottles of water on you during the race? Is there an option to purchase bottled water?

Ive never had that problem with the water. The water that they hand out on the course is from bottled water (Dasani) so you should be fine. Also during the Princess half, you had the option of choosing Power Aid

Hope that helps

Oh good! I was really hoping that it would be bottled water like Dasani which is what I'm planning on bringing on our next Disney vacation.

That makes me feel so much better! :goodvibes

You could also get a belt and carry your own water.:goodvibes

For Disney I carry one bottle and when that is out I drink what they hand out.

For other races when it is coming out of a hose or cooler, I will carry my own. There are lots of different options for carrying water out there.

I've never had any issues with the water at Disney. Of course, this is coming from someone who doesn't think it taste funny either. I hear so many talk about how gross the water is there in Florida, but I think it tastes fine. :confused3
But, lots of runners carry their own during the race and there are several options...fuel belt, small camel bak, hand held bottle strap, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter