• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question about Use Year.....

joey8544

Earning My Ears
I am considering a purchase of resale DVC points at the BWV.
Can someone please explain the importance of the "Use year" that is listed with the resale information?
I think it has to do with banking or using the points in a specific window.

We usually like to travel in JAN/FEB or SEP/OCT, so what Use Year is good for us and why??
Thanks!

If you routinely change your reservation or cancel last minute, then UY is important from the standpoint of banking points, but if you usually keep all your reservations, then it isn't at all important. In 8 years and twenty some trips, we have NEVER needed to change or cancel a ressie just before the expected date of travel, so it has not mattered. If you are likely to change your ressies often and late, then you want a UY about 6 months after your usual vacation so you are within the 6 month banking window.

Thank you for the assistance! We are like you, we never cancel or change reservations.
Thanks again!

If you vacation Sept. - Oct. and Jan - Feb. then a Use Year of Sept. would be what you need.
You would receive your points Sept 1st each year. For reservations made for Sept or Oct as long as you cancelled at least 31 days in advance you would have 4 to 6 months to reschedule or still be able to banks 100% of your points. For your Jan - Feb reservations if needing to cancel you are still in your 6 month, 100% banking window (FEB. 28th) to be able to bank all your points as long as you cancelled with the proper notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter