Question about upgrading to an AP

dolphinmatt

Earning My Ears
I bought 4-day PH's at Costco for our family of 5 and am hoping to upgrade them to Deluxe AP's when we get to DLR for our Christmas trip. We are arriving on Christmas Eve for 3 nights. All of those dates are Blockout dates for the Deluxe AP. Does this mean I need to wait until the last day to upgrade to the Deluxe AP? Or would Disney allow you to continue to use the 4day pass (which doesn't have blockout dates) to get in to the park for those dates?
Thanks in advance for any help

I bought 4-day PH's at Costco for our family of 5 and am hoping to upgrade them to Deluxe AP's when we get to DLR for our Christmas trip. We are arriving on Christmas Eve for 3 nights. All of those dates are Blockout dates for the Deluxe AP. Does this mean I need to wait until the last day to upgrade to the Deluxe AP? Or would Disney allow you to continue to use the 4day pass (which doesn't have blockout dates) to get in to the park for those dates?
Thanks in advance for any help

Once you upgrade, you lose the 4 day pass. However, on the day you upgrade only, you may use your AP even if it is normally a blockout day. But this applies to the day you upgrade only, not any subsequent days.

So you could upgrade on the morning of your last day and you would be allowed to use your AP for admission. This means you could save your shopping and such for that last day to make the most of your discounts. Have fun! :goodvibes

I'm having the same issue with one of my days. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving but the end of the week is blocked out. So what I'm going to do is upgrade my pass to a premium (I think its called...the one that has no black out dates) on the first day so we can get the discounts as well as the free parking for the week. Then on Friday I'm going to upgrade the rest of the families to a deluxe.

If your multiday PH has and early entry day then you should use that before upgrading or you will lose it.

Upgrading one of the passes to premium on the 1st day makes sense to get AP discounts on food, parking and shopping the entire visit.

Great advice! Thank you, everyone!
I'm considering upgrading myself to the Premium and waiting on everyone else. I like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter