Question about TV's in the rooms?

gshoemate

<font color=blue>Wants to Talk to the Dolphins!<br
We leave in 2 days....yeah! Trust me, I do not plan on spending time watching TV but would like to catch Survivor on Thursday. Do the rooms get the network channels? Thanks:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Set the VCR - DCL is owned by the same company as ABC and ESPN and they come first on the satallite feeds.

Actually, I don't remember any network programming except news and sports.

Passporter's Field Guide lists a recent channel guide and says channels and stations may vary.

What's Afloat
Disney on Land
ABC
Entertainment
Channel Guide
CNN Headline News
CNN
Golf/Shore Excursions
ESPN
ESPN2
Disney Channel
Toon Disney
Disney Classics
24-Hour Movies
CBS (Yeah, Survivor!)
Shopping, Etc.
Voyage Info (or DVC info)
Ship Information
Bridge Report

We are cruising in March and I hope not to miss a Survivor episode (they usually start a new one in February)

Last year we had an early night on Thursday with our little ones in bed by 8 (the only night the whole 7 nights) and we did see survivor in our room. One hour in front of the TV won't hurt.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We were on the Wonder 11/6 - 11/9 and we didn't have CBS. But we taped the episode at home and I'm glad we did because I really enjoyed watching Andrew get sent packing!

However, I probably wouldn't have skipped any of the on-board shows to watch it!

I'm a Survivor fan also! LOL, that is the ONLY show I am dedicated to watching all week long...:)
I'll be sure to set the VCR,
I think Rupert is next to be packing, :eek:

Kathy :cutie:

If not this week soon, he is too big a threat to everyone else in the game. Last weeks reward challenge showed everyone he had a brain behind all that brawn and now he is sunk. To bad too because I think he is the best player of the game since Richard Hatch. I'll never forget the first day of the show when he stole everything out of the other teams raft. I must have laughed for 10 minutes straight.

Hmmmm ... Disney addict + Survivor Addict. Count me in!!!!!!:wave: No one I know here watches it and I'm trying to find someone to tape it for me tomorrow night as we have a dinner engagement! I agree, Rupert stealing the other team's items was a highlight. He makes this season interesting!

There will indeed be a new Survivor in Feb.

Next Survivor premiers Feb 1st after the Super Bowl.

It will be the All-Star edition.

18 contestants, instead of the normal 16. It will run for 14 episodes instead of the normal 13.

All contestants are previous Survivor Contestants.

Takes place in Panama near where the current survivor was filmed.

I am a majorly addicted Survivor fan as well. Take note.. there is a HUGE thread on the Community Board about Survivor. I get a kick out of seeing what everyone thinks is going to happen. Just remember, we aren't seeing everything so the show will always keep us guessing.

Happy watching!

Denae

The thing I remember about the TV's is that they can be set to turn on at certain time (like an alarm clock). On one cruise, the prior person set the tv to turn on around 4am:earseek::scared1:. First night freaked us out:bitelip:, second night I was really anoyed:headache: . They also set the language to French:chat: but I was able to set it back to english and turn the dang timer off!! Now whenever I stay on the ship or in a hotel room I always check the timer on the TV and the alarm clock because you never know what:guilty: :jester: had the room before you!!

Just got back on Sat. and No Survivor on. I did ask around a bit if anyone knew who was booted off, but had to wait until I awoke back at the Port, to call my son on my cell phone to find out. I do suggest hanging around those using computers around broadcast time, someone may have found out.
I think Disney should make a general announcment on who got the boot. I can just hear the "Wish Upon A Star" announcement music now :teeth: !!!

Maybe, just maybe Mickey set those for you to meet him for coffee...LOL
Sounds like some kids having fun! :wave2:

Kathy :cutie:

Yes, when they told Rupert about living like pirates, he took it seriously. They shouldn't of left a pirate to watch over their shoes....he sold them faster then anything!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter