• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about turning 3 on the trip...

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
I thought I read somewhere that if a child's 3rd birthday was during the trip, they were considered "2" for the duration of the trip.

But if you are staying offsite, wouldn't Disney consider each day a new 'trip?'

I want to head off any suggestions of 'stretching the truth' on this one. This is a pastor's kid, so that's not going to happen. :)

This happened to our daughter and when we flew down she was under two, but on the flight back she was above the age of two, so they told us we'd need to purchase a one way ticket, we did the round trip just for the fact that there was an extra seat and we didn't have to have her on our lap the entire flight.

if you are talking about Disney they are considered 2 for the entire vacation. I do not believe it makes a difference for on-site vs off-site since the 2yr old isn't getting any benefits just being on-site.

If you are talking about airlines it is age at time of each leg of travel so the child would need a ticket for the plane trip home but not on the way down.

Thanks for the help! Most specifically, I was wondering if they would need to purchase a park ticket for her. If they ask at the gate when you enter, "How old is your child?" every day, she is going to happily respond that she is three!

They don't ask. Well I'm sure they do if your child is 5 or 6 and you are passing her as 2. My daughter turned three during our trip and was considered 2 for the duration.

My grandson was turning 3 on the last day of our trip when we were there last year and we were never questioned once how old he was, and he is big for his age. We even celebrated his birthday at Chef Mickey's on his birthday and they didn't charge for his meal. From what I remember reading from posts last year. He is considered 2 for the entire time your there.

What if I bring my 2 year old right before his birthday and go to Disney everyday for the next 10 years.....is he considered 2 for our entire trip? :rotfl:

It seems like it would be worth it....just for the free food. It would definitely be rough to be at Disney every day for 10 years, but I guess my family would be willing to make the sacrifice.

Speed :teleport:

Gosh I didn't realize their food was free too! Is that at all restaurants or just say, TS?

Their food is only free at the buffets.

I was considering going in January and my dd would have turned 3 during the trip. When I called to price out the vacation, the CM told me that I would not need to buy her a ticket - they would keep her at the 2 year old rate the entire stay.

If they think the child's age is questionable, they will talk to the child and ask them casually how old they are. If there are any problems - just explain when the birthday was. When my ds was 2, everyone thought he was 3 and some CMs would ignore us when we walked through and some would stop us and talk to him. Once they talked to him, I think they could tell how old he was.

I say, stretch the truth, or just tell the child at hand, not to speak to strangers, no matter what they ask, but they usually do not.

As for free food, it is buffets, and at table services it is they can eat off your plate.

Enjoy.

We celebrated DNiece's 3rd birthday at Chef Mickey's in the middle of our week-long trip. No problem whatsoever anywhere - with tickets or meals. She was considered 2 for the whole trip.

We did make a point of mentioning at CM's, though, that she didn't count to be charged for a meal (we were paying with a combination of TS credits and cash, so we didn't want any confusion.)

Am I reading that this applies to food/meals the entire trip? That would help us out as ds will turn 3 while we're there and we have some character meals planned - I was having a hard time deciding to spend that much on his meal, but this may solve that dilemma....

Am I reading that this applies to food/meals the entire trip? That would help us out as ds will turn 3 while we're there and we have some character meals planned - I was having a hard time deciding to spend that much on his meal, but this may solve that dilemma....

a child under 3 (or considered under 3) can eat off a parents plate for free or can eat at buffets for free or can have their own plate at a family style restaurant. Normally they get a free drink at menu TS locations(where they'd be eatin goff their parent's plate) but I'm not sure if that's changed.

a child under 3 (or considered under 3) can eat off a parents plate for free or can eat at buffets for free or can have their own plate at a family style restaurant. Normally they get a free drink at menu TS locations(where they'd be eatin goff their parent's plate) but I'm not sure if that's changed.

Thanks for the clarification... we've always gone when our dds were either under 3 or over 3 so there wasn't an issue of whether or not we had to pay for their meal or not....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter