Question about Trundle Bed in POR

Haley

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the trundle bed that folds down from the wall at POR reduces the amount of storage space in the room? Like less dresser/drawer space?

I googled photos of it but I can't really tell.

The scenario is a family of 2 adults/3 kids (17, 14, 9) and the grandparents are in a seperate room. They are trying to decide if they should just move one of the kids to the grand parents room instead of possibly having a trundle bed that's small and the kids end up not wanting to use and less drawer space, too.

What would you do?

We stayed there last year (Oct 2012) - if I remember correctly, there are drawers under the trundle bed. - So no, your not losing any storage space having the bed in the down position! Enjoy your stay! We LOVED POR-Riverside and can't wait to go back next year!!! :cool1:

Stayed at POR last month, in the alligator bayou with the trundle.

The bed did not take out extra storage room. It covers a bench where you could put luggage - but if you unpack it will not be a problem.

Maybe your best bet it to request connecting rooms - which is what we did. The kids slept in a variety of beds / rooms, and if you feel it is to crowded one of your kids can just go next door.

we just came back today. and we stayed at POR in Alligator Bayou with the trundle murphy bed. My daughter who is 5'9" slepted on it and said it was comfortable. But having that in the room only gives you 3 small dresser drawers. we were living out of our suitcases too. But all in all an excellent room

We are headed back to POR later this year for our 4th time. I've never really noticed if there is more/less storage as compared to other rooms. We usually live out of our suitcases. However, my kids LOVE the rooms with the Murphy beds (as compared to the ones with the trundle beds; they may all me Murphy beds now??) and argue over who get to sleep in it!

FWIW, the beds that POR has now in AB are called murphy beds. They all fold down from the wall under the TV. The old style which are no longer available were trundle beds which were on the floor and pulled out from under one of the standard beds.

Rooms with the murphy beds do have less storage than rooms without the murphy bed. Only talking 1-2 less drawers. But the storage amount is the same whether or not the murphy bed in use.

Also as a note, the murphy beds are meant for kids 11 and under. They are slightly bigger than a crib mattress but smaller than a twin, and they are suspended. Not as easy for an older kid or adult to sleep on like the trundles were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter