Question About Timeshare Presentation Deals

BackBratOne

Earning My Ears
Hi! My name is Brittany and I'm new to the board, so if I am posting in the wrong area I'm sorry. I just was wondering if anyone has used Orlandominivactions.com (Vacation Paradise) to book a vacation. From looking at their website it would save us a ton of money if we sat thru a 90 min presentation. And to me it seems totally worth it so I can take the kids to Disney, but I have no experience or knowledge on this, so any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Hi! My name is Brittany and I'm new to the board, so if I am posting in the wrong area I'm sorry. I just was wondering if anyone has used Orlandominivactions.com (Vacation Paradise) to book a vacation. From looking at their website it would save us a ton of money if we sat thru a 90 min presentation. And to me it seems totally worth it so I can take the kids to Disney, but I have no experience or knowledge on this, so any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

In my honest opinion I would say it's not worth the savings. I personally sat through one of those so called 90 minute presentations and needless to say it lasted well over 3 hours and it was pressure intense. They will try to make you feel bad that you're not purchasing this "wonderful" product for your family. They'll try to convince to you that it's an investment (lie), they'll tell you can resell it for what you paid for it (lie). I personally own a timeshare but I bought it resale for $0 plus closing cost, the developer wants 20K for what i bought for practically nothing.

If you still want to go and waste your time please don't purchase from the developer buy resale. Go to TUGBBS.com and do your research on timeshare ownership.

Depending on the company, you will get more or less pressure. I have found that the name brands (Marriott, Hilton) just give you their 90 minute presentaion, try to sell you on it, but will let you go. Other companies are MUCH worse. I have been on over 15 of these and we have yet to purchase a timeshare. Still, we have saved thousands between the discounted accomodations and free attraction tickets. Go, but be prepared. have an excuse to get out of it, don't ask questions, and it's not so bad. In our case we would say "maybe" so they would try again with another great deal. That said, we are now banned for life from the marriott presentations. :)

I would not wish one of these presentations on my least favorite people, let alone DISboard friends. Please think twice; there are lots of other ways to make this an affordable trip. But if you do anyway DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY. This is easier said than done, as the sales staff can be very good at what they do.

I don't have any problems attending timeshare presentations. We are doing one next June. Staying at Wyndam Bonnet Creek for 4 night for $199 then we get a $100 American Express Gift Card when the presentation is done. (Then moving over to Disney for 6 to 7 Nights).

I know what to expect going in. I know we are not going to buy. I have done my research and when the give us the "great" pricing. I advise them of all the great pricing I can get on E-bay. We plan on using this day as a pool day so not worried about not being in the parks. If you go in knowing what to expect - I see nothing wrong with doing these to save money.

If you can say no when it's over and walk away then it's not a problem. We have done some presentations and you just have to be able to say no and get up and walk away. They may bring over someone else and lower the price several times but if you feel you can stand your ground it won't be a problem. And usually they will get the message. The main thing is to get up and leave after you say no. They won't stop you. They will lower the price but just keep walking. You won't be held hostage.

never do one at Westgate = these sales things will actually lock the door.....

Marriott was very nice and gave us money (marriott money) for attending.

Dvc generally will only give you fass passes - but again no pressure.

That said, we are now banned for life from the marriott presentations. :)

That's hilarious!

My sister signed up my parents for a presentation when we stayed at Orange Lake a few years ago. My did is still mad about having to sit through the presentation and super aggressive sales pitch just for a free breakfast. On the other hand, my co-worker went to a Hilton presentation last year and a great low-pressure salesman.

My sister signed up my parents for a presentation when we stayed at Orange Lake a few years ago. My did is still mad about having to sit through the presentation and super aggressive sales pitch just for a free breakfast. On the other hand, my co-worker went to a Hilton presentation last year and a great low-pressure salesman.

Yeah, there is definately a big difference between the name brands who treat the presentations more like a "tour" then the no-names like orange lake who will use much higher pressure.

I would not wish one of these presentations on my least favorite people, let alone DISboard friends. Please think twice...

agree completely.

unless you enjoy conflict and have vacation time to burn (they always take longer than they promise), these are virtually never worth it.

agree completely.

unless you enjoy conflict and have vacation time to burn (they always take longer than they promise), these are virtually never worth it.

We all stretch our vacation dollars in different ways. Nothing wrong with that.

We all stretch our vacation dollars in different ways. Nothing wrong with that.

I am curious, after declining with a maybe, what kind of offers did you get to come back again? Or did you just call to see what was available. I read this to my husband and he cracked up laughing wondering how you did it.

Westgate is the worse. We did their tour about 15 years ago when DD was 6. She was tired and getting cranky which was not like her. Then I realized she was very warm. Turns out she had chicken pox and broke out in spots the next morning. I often think about the sales guy and if he had ever had the pox. He was rude and insulting. Needless to say we did not buy and have never taken another tour again.

My husbands step mom love to do these. She will actually walk in and set the timer on her phone for 90 minutes and tell them that when the timer goes off she is walking out the door...and she does! My fil usually explains to them that he owns 14 weeks that he has bought off of eBay for 99 cents and ask if they can beat that. Usually between the two of them they are hardly ever asked to even stay the whole 90 minutes.

The last time my husband dragged me to one I mentioned that my brother was a lawyer and that I would have to fax him any paperwork that they wanted me to sign and that was pretty munch the end of the high pressure sales pitch.

Thank you guys so much for the information. Very helpful. I think for this trip we might just try to make it work without the presentation deal. But it's good to know that people have had not all negative experiences with it.

I am curious, after declining with a maybe, what kind of offers did you get to come back again? Or did you just call to see what was available. I read this to my husband and he cracked up laughing wondering how you did it.

No, they call us. We usually will get a 5 day/4 night deal. We'll upgrade to the 1 bedroom suite (from the base studio) and usually spend around $500 plus 2 attraction tickets (worth close to $200 by themselves). Now, they also provide you food when you get there. We do our tour first thing, as early as possible. they give us breakfast. Then we tell them we have kids in college and not ready to do this right now. We are back in our room by 9am and have the rest of the day. Again, others may not be willing to do this but we don't have a problem with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter