Question about the Poly?

BeLLaNoTTe

Mouseketeer
I have a Lagoon view room booked at the Poly. I noticed that most of the buildings only have garden views, and the ones that do have lagoon views are limited in rooms. However the Tahiti building has the most lagoon views available but it also lists the Magic Kingdom View and Lagoon View rooms side by side. Is it possible that I may get a Magic Kingdom View for a Lagoon view price? Or most likely are the rooms at the Tahiti building given to the guests who pay for the M.K view? Please help answer a very curious and :banana: diser's question =)

I was wondering the same thing... Anybody know the answer?

We just stayed at the Poly in mid-Dec. We were in the Hawaii building with a lagoon view. I had to specifically request a third floor room with view of MK. Hawaii bldg does not have the MK view option.

I noticed that the view of MK from some first and second floor rooms were obstructed due to plants. So you may get a full or partially obstructed view without MK option.

I have to tell you that our view was worth every cent. It was so beautiful. Best view we have had from any resort after staying at BC, AKL and Poly.

Suggest you request third floor at least to get the balcony.

We have stayed at Poly twice since the new MK view room category came available. Both times we paid for Lagoon View and received MK view. We may be lucky, not sure. I'd roll the dice, pay for lagoon, request Tahiti and see what you get. Even a non-MK view room on the lagoon side of Tahiti is going to be a pretty good view (maybe a tree in the way or something).

Hi- I can't remember if I asked this question on this board already or not-- so apologies if this is a duplicate.

It looks like the slide at the poly goes through the volcano-- it is dark in there? (i.e. would a 4 or 7 year old be scared?)

Is the pool size ok-- hard to tell how big it is from the pictures! Thanks!

the slide does go thru the volcano and is dark for a sec or two. My 6yrold didnt want to go on it...but rode the TOT so it is up to the individual child. The pool itself is great..not deep at all in most parts and those that are are like 4 feet. The quiet pool is deeper if i remember correctly

I'd roll the dice, pay for lagoon, request Tahiti and see what you get.

You read my mind =) I was looking on tikiman's site and i decided that would be the best option.

I heard it can be hard to find a spot to lay out by the pool... is it usually very crowded?

You read my mind =) I was looking on tikiman's site and i decided that would be the best option.

I heard it can be hard to find a spot to lay out by the pool... is it usually very crowded?

even in August it was never too crowded...we always found chairs right away....

DisFan3 I see that you've stayed at the Poly a few times...i'm guessing you enjoyed it. Are those pics in your siggy from your stay at the poly? have you written a trip report? i would love to read it if you did =)

DisFan3 I see that you've stayed at the Poly a few times...i'm guessing you enjoyed it. Are those pics in your siggy from your stay at the poly? have you written a trip report? i would love to read it if you did =)

my screen name should actually be POLYFAN!!! I love that place soo much. I never did write a TR for my trip, sorry. We got back home right as school was starting and I am a teacher so...you can understand what happened with that!!!

Yes, those pics are from our 2nd Poly stay in 2006. We stayed in GV rooms both times and loved it. Fiji in 2005 and Aoertera (spelling???) in 2006. I prefer our 2006 location it was SUPER close to TTC and busses and GCH!! We had a view of the quiet pool as well, I just wish we could've got a balcony...but we still LOVE the Poly!! The new beds, TV, it is great....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter