Question about the night before...

Gupsmom

<font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio
On our Thanksgiving cruise we'll be meeting up with my parent's the night before. I was thinking of meeting up with them at All Star Movies. My Dad is a big Toy Story fan. We're doing Disney after the cruise but we're not staying at ASMo. I thought by staying there the night before it would give my Dad the opportunity to see the Giant Toy Story stuff. It's only about an hour to the ship and we can get ASMo for about $85. Could we get anything clser to the ship much cheaper than that anyway? Also..we'd have time to kill the morning we set sail anyway, so why not spend it at the resort looking around at all the big disney icons. We'll be with our 3 young children so having something to do, instead of just waiting in a Port Canaveral hotel would be nice.

Anyway...I guess I'm wondering if other people think it's a good idea or if they think we'd be better off spending Wed. night closer to the ship? Also, does the $85 that ASMo will cost compare to a hotel we could get by the port?

Thanks..
Jess

Sounds like fun.

We booked the Raddison at the port..just minutes away...more than 85 per night though.

We just like being close..we got up early, watched the magic dock...it looks so beautiful coming down the waterway in the dark...all lit up. Then we went over to grills for a wonderful breakfast, back to the resort to pack and then over to the port to board. The morning goes very quickly...and we like getting on the ship asap.

If you are looking at staying near the port, you may also want to check out the new Ron Jon resort. If you do a search on this board, you can find a recent report and other great info along with a discount code. I think their website is ronjonresort.com

Radisson at the port is available on line for 85-89 per night (again, depending on dates). That's a lot cheaper than they give if you call them.

Since we really don't care too much where we sleep the night before (providing it's clean and safe), we do Priceline and get at least a 3* hotel. This time, we were at the Holiday Inn for $34 for the night. There are many hotels near the airport which are 3* on Priceline, and all include a free shuttle from the airport. The only downside to Priceline is that the rooms are technically for 2 people. You can call the hotel after you book, and request 2 beds (officially, you can be assigned one King bed or 2 beds.) We've never had a problem getting 2 beds. You can also do Priceline in the Cocoa Beach area (which is the port area). For a lot of good info on Priceline bidding, check out www.biddingfortravel.com.

The negative to going to Disney is that it is about 20 minutes in the wrong direction from the port, if you are flying in. We just get up, have a leisurely breakfast, and drive to the port area. We plan to arrive at the port between 10:30 and 11, which gets us on board relatively soon after boarding begins...making for no trouble getting the ressies we want. The timing works well.

Another alternative would be to get a "Lake Buena Vista" area hotel, and visit Downtown Disney before the cruise.....

We're driving. My parents are flying but they're going to be in florida for a few days before we meet up (and they'll have a rental).

I'll have to look at the alternatives. I do like the idea of being able to show my father ASMo. We didn't want to use that as our resort while we are in Disney (after the cruise) so this might be a nice way to sneak it in.

Obviously I have a long time to decide..lol. I'm just done planning our Easter trip and want something else to start planning.

Jess

We just booked the Marriott Rennissance near the Orlando Airport for the night before our cruise. The room is normally $150+ a night and we got it for $35.00 through priceline.com. It is a 3 star hotel and only 45 minutes or less to the port. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I am so excited!!

I think it's a great idea... for the reasons you stated. It's a great way to stay at a hotel you think he and the children will enjoy- but for a short time.... not having to stay there for your "real" Disney stay. I bet they'll love it!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter