Question about the Free Dining at Moderates

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Lizzzys, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Lizzzys

Lizzzys Mouseketeer

I thought there was a way to get a reduced rate and choose QS dining instead of the regular free dining plan (magic your way plus dining) that comes with booking a moderate resort? Am I dreaming? We have older children are likely to be split up some of the time we are at Disney. I really don't like the thought of having to tie ourselves down to a table service dining each day of our trip and would rather be able to choose quick service and then choose a day or two that we would like to eat at a nice restaurant and book just a few and pay extra. Is there a way to do this at a moderate? Or do we have to choose the plus dining and waste some of our time making and meeting for reservations?

Liz

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

I originally booked POFQ with free dining but changed it to the 35% room discount when that was available. There are just the two of us this trip so I paid for QSDP and saved a very small amount of money because we prefer not planning our days around ADRs. But as you have kids with you and are staying at a mod, the free dining is a much better deal than the room discount. I've read here that people have been able to exchange TS credits to CS + 2 vouchers for snacks.

4. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

You may be able to exchange meals, but that can be a hassle and no one knows if Disney will allow it this year.

Unfortunately, you cannot "downgrade" free dining; if you book a moderate, the only available "free" dining plan is the regular one.