Question about the Annual Pass

roe

Mouseketeer
i just called again hoping that someone would cancel and I could get the AP rate for our vacation in July at the Poly. I have been calling all week for actually anything on the monorail line. Last time I called, the CM was so nice and looked up every night of my stay trying to even get the rate for some nights. She put me on hold and came back and said that there was actually nothing for all of July and August on the monorail line. When I called back today, the CM informed me that even if someone cancels those rooms still do not become available with the AP rate. Does anyone know if that is true? Am I just wasting my time calling and being a pest!

I've been given the same info. That once an AP reservation is cancelled that it doesn't return with an AP rate. I still keep calling trying to upgrade from AP rate at Wilderness Cabins to two standard rooms at WL with an AP rate for the end of July.

That stinks about the AP rate! I have a ressie with AAA discount, but really wanted to add dining. Tried to go through AAA itself, but it's not working out for me. Poly is booked solid for my dates and I don't want to risk losing my room only reservation with Disney.

It's kind of like there are two pools. One is of special rates and one is of available rooms. When you book one is taken out of each pool. When you cancel the room is put back into the pool, but the special rate doesn't go back in; they really wouldn't know which special rate to put it in because there are always a variety of them out there.

In a way, those "well, maybe..." people hurt others. I can't say I blame them though. It just better be a strong "maybe"! :cutie:

That is interesting news. In the past, I have been able to pickup an AP discount that had been previously unavailable. To do so, I always called right at 7:00 am. That is the normal time to pick up a cancellation. So, I tend to think that the cancelled AP room DOES go back in as an AP rate. I've done this several times in the past, so unless things have recently changed....:confused3

That stinks about the AP rate! I have a ressie with AAA discount, but really wanted to add dining. Tried to go through AAA itself, but it's not working out for me. Poly is booked solid for my dates and I don't want to risk losing my room only reservation with Disney.
Call the AAA agent back and ask them to try harder.

I had a room only AAA discount reservation booked directly thru Disney and decided to add the MYW package with dining. The agent first said Disney wouldn't let her pick up the reservation with the room discount and then convert it to a package because there were no rooms available at the AAA discount.

She called back when I pressed her that Disney was about to lose money, and magically, she found someone who was able to do it. Actually, I told her to keep trying until she found someone who could do it :)

Call the AAA agent back and ask them to try harder.

I had a room only AAA discount reservation booked directly thru Disney and decided to add the MYW package with dining. The agent first said Disney wouldn't let her pick up the reservation with the room discount and then convert it to a package because there were no rooms available at the AAA discount.

She called back when I pressed her that Disney was about to lose money, and magically, she found someone who was able to do it. Actually, I told her to keep trying until she found someone who could do it :)

Thanks, that's good to know. I was actually going to call Disney reservations tomorrow with just that argument. I am going to be spending more money :confused3

If that doesn't work, I will call AAA again and do what you said.

Thanks, that's good to know. I was actually going to call Disney reservations tomorrow with just that argument. I am going to be spending more money :confused3

If that doesn't work, I will call AAA again and do what you said.
Disney won't be able to help you. If you want to keep the AAA room rate you will have to go to your AAA agent to get it converted to a MYW package. It's the AAA agent that will have to fight to have that done if there are no more AAA rooms available.

I would agree with the PP that said call first thing in the morning. We were trying to get into WL for our June trip and kept checking online and calling every morning. We weren't able to get WL but we did get AKL. Again, it was first thing in the morning. I just checked online and there was AKL. So I called immediately and got it. Just keep trying. Good luck!

Disney won't be able to help you. If you want to keep the AAA room rate you will have to go to your AAA agent to get it converted to a MYW package. It's the AAA agent that will have to fight to have that done if there are no more AAA rooms available.

The reason I was going to call Disney first was that the AAA agent said that there is some kind of form that Disney could send me saying I wanted AAA to take over my ressie. The only problem I have with that is that AAA was unable to give me a quote because of the unavailability.

I wish the AP rate was available. It would solve this whole problem. When I call Disney and they ask if I want to get the dining plan, I tell them if I get the AP rate, I will get the dining. I would be spending more money. First to buy the annual pass and then to get the food. UGH!

This Disney addiction is alot of work!! Unfortunately, I can't pay rack rates and go every year so I have to find the best deals.

I would agree with the PP that said call first thing in the morning. We were trying to get into WL for our June trip and kept checking online and calling every morning. We weren't able to get WL but we did get AKL. Again, it was first thing in the morning. I just checked online and there was AKL. So I called immediately and got it. Just keep trying. Good luck!

Thanks, when I first called they offered me the BC with the AP rate. We had our hearts set on the Poly this year. We did BC last year. Now the only thing available with AP is SS. I would be willing to switch to another monorail resort, but that's it. I will try first thing tomorrow again.

The reason I was going to call Disney first was that the AAA agent said that there is some kind of form that Disney could send me saying I wanted AAA to take over my ressie. The only problem I have with that is that AAA was unable to give me a quote because of the unavailability.

I wish the AP rate was available. It would solve this whole problem. When I call Disney and they ask if I want to get the dining plan, I tell them if I get the AP rate, I will get the dining. I would be spending more money. First to buy the annual pass and then to get the food. UGH!

This Disney addiction is alot of work!! Unfortunately, I can't pay rack rates and go every year so I have to find the best deals.
My agent said the same exact thing. Except I was able to calculate the cost of the package on my own. All you will get is the standard AAA discount on the room portion only. The tickets and DP will be the same cost. You should be within a few dollars of what you actually pay.

They shouldn't have to send you any kind of a form - or if they need one, well, your AAA agent should be able to get it for you.

All you really want them to do is add a MYW package to a room ressie you're already holding, and it shouldn't be all that hard if you stand your ground with the agent and tell him that it can be done - a Disney supervisor may have to do it - but it can be done.

If the agent isn't willing to do it, well, find another agent. AAA does a huge amount of business with Disney and should be able to pull some strings other agencies cannot. If your agent isn't willing to work with you, I'll give you the number of mine in central NJ who, I'm sure, would be more than happy to work with you.

Thanks again. We did book through AAA last year (different package). I'll have to go back and look up the agents name. I remember her being helpful. If I run into a problem I will let you know and use yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter