Question about tax refund

mickmse

Earning My Ears
Ok here is the question... Our refund status on the IRS web site has shown for about a week now February 17th as the refund date. Now it takes me to the you have made a mistake did you enter the information correctly. I know I did as I have tried it a couple different times. This just happened about 3-4 hours ago. Anybody ever had this happen before and if so what did it mean?
Thanks for any and all help

I've noticed this too. Seems like they may be updating the system. Last night mine showed the 17th and this morning its been pushed to the 24th. I see that you are from NC. When did you file and have you got your NC return back?

I got that screen once. I called them and they said I didn't have SSNs for my children entered. They took the info on the phone and I got my return about a week later than expected. It's probably something very minor like that.

I'm not sure it means anything. :confused3 I think it happens when you happen to log on while they're updating the system. It happened to me once (I have a Feb. 17th refund date, too), but when I logged back in a few minutes later, it had the same screen (Feb 17th) as before. I know the IRS has changed direct deposit dates this year, with refunds being auto deposited on all different days of the week (not just Fridays, as used to be the case). I know you said you checked several times, but you may want to check it again to see if the status has changed.

I e-filed on the 31st and it was accepted on the 31st. Still no NC state refund but the federal is back to saying the 17th this afternoon when I checked. It just scared me when it said the 17th for so long then all of a sudden changed back to nothing. Thanks for all the replies

Glad to hear that everything is still good for the 17th. At least yours didnt change to the 24th like ours did. Hopefully we should be getting our NC refunds any day. I filed on the 30th.

Hi,

Mine is due the 17th and it was showing earlier and now there is nothing so maybe they are updating the system

Just had to post here...I'm from Walnut Cove, too! What a small world! My refund is still scheduled to be deposited on the 17th. Hope it doesn't change!

I get an error too. I'll be calling my accountant today to make sure she filed when she said she was going too.

I have read that if you try to check your status so many times within a certain time frame, you will automatically get the message asking if you entered your information correctly. I've gotten it before and freaked and then found out it ususally does that after so many times of checking the status. I believe it takes 24 hours for that message to revert back but you can call 800-829-1954 and check your status if you are still getting that message.

Wow it really is a small world as I never thought that anyone on here would be from Walnut Cove. Howdy Neighbor!
Most people think I am crazy to be so Disney obsessed.

Just had to post here...I'm from Walnut Cove, too! What a small world! My refund is still scheduled to be deposited on the 17th. Hope it doesn't change!

Wow it really is a small world as I never thought that anyone on here would be from Walnut Cove. Howdy Neighbor!

Haha I am butting in here I am in Winston

And here I was thinking I was the only Dis nut in the area! I even have a dd that's 7!

Jsme...I even work in WS

I guess it really is a small world after all!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter