Question about (Stealth) HS Construction

JZCubed

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
I'm curious about the possibility that construction is already going on at Hollywood Studios in the closed down Backlot Tour Area.

I believe I've read others pointing out that similar things occurred at Universal Studios - that construction was announced near completion of a project, and guests didn't have to wait years.

Any thoughts by folks with more information that Disney may be managing construction under stealth conditions?

Would this be possible since some of y'all also seem to pay close attention to construction permits?

On a couple podcasts I've listened to, they think it could be some quick attractions for the expansion. Supposedly (I'm just reiterating what they said), these attractions will go up quickly and will be used to keep the crowds at bay while they are completing the bigger projects. However this is all just speculation from people who have been paying attention to all that stuff

The question asked in this thread seems to presuppose that Disney is in a hurry to get things done.

I just don't think they are.

The words "Disney" and "stealth" don't belong in the same sentence together, IMO, unless you're referring to the way they managed to purchase all that land in central Florida in the 60's. It seems these days anything they do or build is pre-announced, announced, delayed, and re-announced for years.

Right. The Building is a flex theater, presumably because Premiere theater will be taken down or re-purposed. They are also expanding TSMM into the adjacent sound stages, and presumably work is going on inside of there. I don't know if anything else is actively being worked on, but with the Animation building closed now, I'll bet they start working on whatever will take its place soon.

I have no knowledge or experience to support this but I was wondering if any of the new attractions happening in Shanghai will be replicated in DHS. Tron for example could be getting built in duplicate without the same likelihood of information leaking as if they were building a single version of something.

I was also thinking that if they did an Indy ride and it was yet another version of the ride they've already got in DL and AK the build could be quick and low key. I doubt they'll just do another copy of that ride re-branded back to Indy though.

So many of the newest rides are basically a bunch of custom mechanics in a big empty building that building them in a shop offsite and bringing them in could be quick and keep them from having the park feel dead and disappointing the guests. Even if they are new rides if they are of similar style to things like Under the Sea or Ratatouille the construction on-site is greatly simplified.

I was also thinking that if they did an Indy ride and it was yet another version of the ride they've already got in DL and AK the build could be quick and low key.
I doubt they'll just do another copy of that ride re-branded back to Indy though.

I fully expect (and HOPE) that they will duplicate the DLR Indy attraction.

Redesigning a "NEW" version might very well result
in what happened when they "improved" Journey Into Imagination at Epcot. :scared1:

Got a HIT?
COPY it!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter