Question about steak at 'Ohana

TinkerMarie

Earning My Ears
I have a possibly silly question about 'Ohana's steak.

When we ate there in September, we got the rushed sort of service that people comment on sometimes. When they brought steak around, I answered that I did want some and it was plop, plop, server gone. It was maybe medium-rare, probably closer to rare. The steak never came around again so I don't know if it's always done that way.

My parents will be with us this time (not for the whole vacation, just this dinner) and my mom would probably like to try the steak. But she has an immune disease and doctor's instructions to only eat well-done meat. I know there are arguments that properly handled meat is safe and all that, but she follows his advice and would not have wanted to eat the steak I was served last time.

So my questions are, is rare/medium rare "standard" for 'Ohana? Can you say, "Whoa, hold on there sir, would you bring me some well-done?" or would they even do that? Or are there different levels of doneness going around and I just only got the medium rare? I know lots of people prefer it more or less cooked.

That would probably be acceptable to her. How strange. I guess maybe the cooking and service were both rushed that night.

I don't really have an answer for your question, but I would note the need on the reservation and also to the waiter. We had the chef come out and talk to my step-daughter about her shellfish allergy. Since it is a medical issue, I am sure that they would be more than accommodating. Enjoy!

I think the meat is generally some type of medium, but you can request well done from the server. When they ask if you want the steak, just tell them that you'd like it well done. We sat near the cooking area and I heard the servers request skewers that were well done, so they can provide meat at different levels of doneness.

When we ate there I remember that being my DH only complaint, that the meat was too well done. He likes medium rare meat, and his was no where close to having any kind of pink.

We prefer medium well to well, and we ask for it. Never seems to be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter