Question about Sorin

disney_me

disney fan
My sister said that she heard a cast member say Sorin was going to close? :confused3 Has anyone heard this before and if so when is it planning to close ?? We are going to WDW in Dec. and I'm trying to convince my DH and DD to go to Epcot for the day. DH will only go to the MK for the MVMCP. I'm trying for another day in one of the other parks. Wish me luck :thumbsup2

I really can't see that happening. Its one of the most popular attractions in Epcot. I wouldn't worry about it!!

As far as I know there have been no announcements for Soarin to go down for rehab, but that does not mean it will not happen. I really can't imagine them taking down both sides of the attraction, but more likely they would do work on one side at a time if there was any work to be done. Take everyones advice though get there first thing in the morning and get that fast pass, it will save you so much trouble.

Maybe closing for a refurb, but I don't see Soarin, arguably the most popular ride at Epcot, closing. :confused3

I believe that to be a rumor! WHY would WDW close one of the most popular attractions it has? It may be that they are rehabing 1/2 of the attraction at a time and someone mis-understood them as 'closing' the attraction all together! I don't know, we will have to wait and see...

I believe that to be a rumor! WHY would WDW close one of the most popular attractions it has? It may be that they are rehabing 1/2 of the attraction at a time and someone mis-understood them as 'closing' the attraction all together! I don't know, we will have to wait and see...

Thats what I was thinking. We have been on Sorin before and used the fast passes. I thought this was the best place to ask a question like this.

Thanks to all :goodvibes

It closes every day. At 9:00. ;)

As for the attraction as a whole, it will go down for a rehab or a video replacement, at some point, but that's about it. I think it will be around for a good, long while.

Just last week someone was on here saying they had lunch with an imagineer who said they are builiding more Sorin [units]?

So I don't think they will be closing in any sense.

When we were there a few weeks ago a CM told us that they are in the production stage of a new "movie" for the Soarin ride. I could understand a new movie but I don't see them completely closing it down. It is just too popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter