Question about setting Arrival Time when checking in Online?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
We will be taking the DCL Transportation from DW Port Orleans Riverside to the Port.

Given that we should set an expected arrival time at the Port for Online Check-in, how can we set our expected arrival time at the port when we don't know when the DCL Bus will pick us up and get us to the port?

I've read that we can expect anywhere between 1pm to 2:30pm.

What time do you set for arrival time at the Port when travelling by DCL Transportation from a DW resort in Orlando?

Don't worry about it. Just pick something. Preferably a later time so that the early slots are available for others.

By the time you arrive with the Disney transport, there will be open boarding anyway. Normally your boarding group depends on your PAT. But once they announce open boarding, anyone can board.

What happens if I pick a time before or after the time that we arrive?

What time does the WDW Transportation Bus usually arrive at the Port?

I thought that there were 2 different departure times from the various WDW Resorts.

When it comes to travelling with my Family and In-Laws, I just want to avoid any possible delays or any situation where we are sitting in line too long. So, figuring out all this stuff beforehand is best for me.

Do they even have you pick a PAT if you're using transportation from the resorts now? I thought they used to not give you that option.

What happens if I pick a time before or after the time that we arrive?

Nothing. :goodvibes

Theoretically if you arrive before your PAT, they could not let you inside the terminal. However, I think there are no reports of that happening to anyone ever. It is to prevent overcrowding of the terminal.

But by the time you are going to arrive with the transfer from WDW, there is no danger of overcrowding as everyone who arrives will immediately be able to board the ship.

Also the boarding group you are assigned to depends on your PAT. When they start letting people onto the ship they call certain numbers one after the other in order to prevent a mad crush. But once the first mass of people who arrived early is on the ship they will announce open boarding, this means everyone can just walk onto the ship after they have checked in.

I hope someone else can help you with the transfer related questions!

Do they even have you pick a PAT if you're using transportation from the resorts now? I thought they used to not give you that option.
We had to select a PAT when arriving from WDW resort for our last cruise. It's my understanding that those parties that booked WDW resort stay through DCL have not been prompted to select a PAT. Same for groups that book MCO Hyatt via DCL.

You are technically not to arrive before your PAT, but can arrive at anytime after it. It's really more of a "no earlier than" time than a specific window you must arrive in. And, arriving at the port via DCL transfers, you will enter the terminal whenever you get there, regardless of what PAT you actually have.

We've always had to pick a PAT when staying at the resorts. Even both times in the Med, we had to pick one even though we were taking DCL transfers and had booked our hotel through DCL (interestingly, this time from Dover we don't have to pick a PAT). I usually pick 1 pm. There's no point in picking an earlier one as you won't be there earlier and it prevents someone else who could be there earlier. It's after open boarding so you won't have to wait. In fact, last time on the Med cruise, I picked 1 pm, we got to the port at about noon, and we were allowed to board right away even though others were still waiting. So even though you may have to pick a PAT, I don't think it matters at all if you're coming from a WDW resort or a hotel booked through DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter