• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Sealy mattress in staterooms on Dream! Help!

I ordered the mattress. Yes, you can get *exactly* the same mattress. I ordered a king size one and it arrived a few days ago. It is pretty much how I remember it (minus the nice rolling wave action from ocean). I followed the advice of someone else on the board and it was no big deal at all. You just have to call Sealy directly. They take your order. The catch is that it won't be ready for about 4-6 weeks. Their price includes delivery. I think in the end with tax it cost something like $890. It is relatively inexpensive to comparable mattresses.

"Sealy - 1-800- MY-Sealy
Ask for Hospitality division and then the person in charge of the Disney Cruise account."

Before you order a few suggestions... be sure the reason you like the bed was for the bed and not just because you were on vacation or because being on the ship rocked you to sleep easily :-)

The bed is a very soft and sags/sinks a tiny bit when you lie on it. Personally, I like beds that way, so it is a great choice for me. However, if you need something firmer, this is definitely not the bed for you. I also imagine because it is so soft, it will probably not maintain its structure for as long as other firmer beds.. .but that is just my speculation.

I have slept on it now for a few nights and so far, I really like it. Hope this helps!

I ordered the mattress. Yes, you can get *exactly* the same mattress. I ordered a king size one and it arrived a few days ago. It is pretty much how I remember it (minus the nice rolling wave action from ocean). I followed the advice of someone else on the board and it was no big deal at all. You just have to call Sealy directly. They take your order. The catch is that it won't be ready for about 4-6 weeks. Their price includes delivery. I think in the end with tax it cost something like $890. It is relatively inexpensive to comparable mattresses.

"Sealy - 1-800- MY-Sealy
Ask for Hospitality division and then the person in charge of the Disney Cruise account."

Before you order a few suggestions... be sure the reason you like the bed was for the bed and not just because you were on vacation or because being on the ship rocked you to sleep easily :-)

The bed is a very soft and sags/sinks a tiny bit when you lie on it. Personally, I like beds that way, so it is a great choice for me. However, if you need something firmer, this is definitely not the bed for you. I also imagine because it is so soft, it will probably not maintain its structure for as long as other firmer beds.. .but that is just my speculation.

I have slept on it now for a few nights and so far, I really like it. Hope this helps!

Two questions- do you have it set up with a conventional box spring- or is it in a platform bed like on the ships? I wondered only because you said it sagged a bit and I don't remember it doing that on the Dream or Fantasy. We have a platform style bed similar to the Fantasy so I'm *hoping* the sagging will be minimal.

Also, when you ordered, do you happen to know if Disney uses Sealy for its resort bedding too? Specifically, Bay Lake and the GFV?

Thanks!
Nikki

Two questions- do you have it set up with a conventional box spring- or is it in a platform bed like on the ships? I wondered only because you said it sagged a bit and I don't remember it doing that on the Dream or Fantasy. We have a platform style bed similar to the Fantasy so I'm *hoping* the sagging will be minimal.

Also, when you ordered, do you happen to know if Disney uses Sealy for its resort bedding too? Specifically, Bay Lake and the GFV?

Thanks!
Nikki

So it only took me 2 months to reply... sorry. I have now been sleeping on the new bed for about 5 months. I love it! I don't know about the resort bedding. I did not inquire about it. The "sagging" is not really sagging. It is more just a soft bed. On the ship, the platform is secured down because it is on a boat. So that is a little different. I have my bed on a box spring... not a traditional one with actual springs, but one of those box platforms that look like a box spring, but actually isn't.

So far, I love it! Hope that helps.

I think when you're on vacation..those mattresses are always comfortable...I never met a bed I didn't love on a cruise..lol.

I'm in the market for a new mattress myself but haven't had the chance to hit the stores yet....I say get a Seally or Simmons with a pillow top and Lie on one to give you an idea.

So it only took me 2 months to reply... sorry. I have now been sleeping on the new bed for about 5 months. I love it! I don't know about the resort bedding. I did not inquire about it. The "sagging" is not really sagging. It is more just a soft bed. On the ship, the platform is secured down because it is on a boat. So that is a little different. I have my bed on a box spring... not a traditional one with actual springs, but one of those box platforms that look like a box spring, but actually isn't.

So far, I love it! Hope that helps.

Ok, so still sleeping on the mattress. It definitely is soft. However, I love soft beds... love love love them. So, if you don't like soft beds, definitely don't get this one. However, it was inexpensive, if you think the bed is for you, it is really worth it!

oh... sorry... forgot to add... the full King with box spring style platforms and delivery was a total under $900. For the quality, I think it was a really good price. However, some people are less picky than I am about how my bed is.

Do they have these same kind of beds on the wonder? Going to Alaska in June.

Oswald... good question, I don't know if they do. LOL! If not, just have it delivered this side of the border and drive it in. LOL.

MHag... I don't know because I have never been on the Wonder. However, the hospitality department made it sound like there was a bed made for "Disney" that all the ships used. So my guess is yes, but don't hold me to that.

Just ordered my "Disney Dream" mattress- which is actually discontinued, but they are selling the one that is currently being used on the ships. The representative said it was the same in almost all respects but a little firmer due to increased support materials. I can't wait to get it and will post more when it arrives! Thank you @Daralassa for posting the ordering info!

Just ordered my "Disney Dream" mattress- which is actually discontinued, but they are selling the one that is currently being used on the ships. The representative said it was the same in almost all respects but a little firmer due to increased support materials. I can't wait to get it and will post more when it arrives! Thank you @Daralassa for posting the ordering info!
Yeah! Please let us know how it is when you have it. Are the prices comparable to other mattresses?

I thought the price was really competitive compared to other brands. Including delivery, the king mattress and standard box spring was 988.00, plus tax. I can't wait!

I thought the price was really competitive compared to other brands. Including delivery, the king mattress and standard box spring was 988.00, plus tax. I can't wait!
Congratulations! Do you know if they have more in stock? What is the delivery time? The price is really competitive.

Congratulations! Do you know if they have more in stock? What is the delivery time? The price is really competitive.
I don't think they have them in stock, I think they make them when you order them because there's a 3-5 week wait for mine to be manufactured & delivered. Unless maybe you are lucky enough to place your order when Disney does :)

I don't think they have them in stock, I think they make them when you order them because there's a 3-5 week wait for mine to be manufactured & delivered. Unless maybe you are lucky enough to place your order when Disney does :)

Please come back and let us know what you think of the mattress!

THANKS to all of you for these posts. My best sleep EVER is when I am on a Disney cruise. I am sure a good bit has to do with the fact that I am disconnected from stressors on land, and some might have to do with the rocking of the ship, but I do love the feel of those mattresses. I am long overdue for a new mattress and am going to see about buying one of these.

My new mattress finally arrived this week and it was worth the wait!! The bed is super comfortable- a word of caution you will need deep-pocket sheets it is very thick!! Love, love, love my "Disney Dream" bed!!:mickeyjum

Can you tell us how thick your new mattress is? I'm interested in ordering one but curious if it will make our bed a lot taller. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter