Question about school holidays

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
Let's see to set the stage, I'm American (lived in West Country for 4 years) and my partner is British. (And yes, I'm completely bi-lingual).

After a year of a mess with the American Embassy, my step-daughter has finally gotten her visa sorted out and now she, her husband and son will be coming for a visit.

This coming summer is going to be a visit to Chicago, but being Disney fanatics and DVC members, we're already planning the "BIG TRIP" to WDW which will be the first time for them.

I have a question about school holidays, I was looking at the term schedule for Bristol and see that there seems to be about a day 10 break in October between terms.

Is there always a fall (excuse me autumn) break? If there is that would be perfect because it works out good DVC point-wise and it would be just in time for Halloween and Epcot FnW.

So, any advice or insight you can give me would be most appreciated.

Ian

There is always a half-term break which usually falls at the end of October/beginning November. For some schools it is one week in duration, for others it is two weeks.

Thanks Francis! Actually, I lived in Bath for 4 years.

Hi there

Yes, there is always a half term break in October, here in Wales it is quite late this year and runs for 1 week from October 30th- November 3rd, other regions throughout the UK may be a week earlier though.

The actual week (or more) will differ year to year (and school to school) but there is always an autum break

Happy WDW trip planning!

:sunny:

Jodie

As others have said region to region can vary. Have a look at the list we have managed to build up here

The really good thing is finding out there there seems to consistently be a fall break. I was getting nervous about having to go over the summer, which is my least favorite season for WDW. Also, I think that a trip during Halloween would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter