Question about RVing it.

mike45248

Mouseketeer
My family is heading down and we are staying at a resort on site, but my mother and father are going to be rving it nad I have a couple questions.
1. Are they able to take advantage of any specials/promotions like free dining plan?
2. If they tow a car down can they get free parking at the parks like other guests of the resorts?
3. If they tow our car down, can we claim it when we check in at the resort, so they could park it at the resort we are staying at when we visit the parks?
4. Should they even bring a car down or just bring a golf cart with them? (IE how are the busses?)
5. When making a reservation do they make it or can a travel agent make it along with ours?

Thanks,
Mike Miceli

Hi! Reply I entered will look a little strange, you had a lot of questions in one post and it was easier to type the answers in a quote. I added response at the end of each question. Welcome to the Camping forum!
My family is heading down and we are staying at a resort on site, but my mother and father are going to be rving it nad I have a couple questions.
1. Are they able to take advantage of any specials/promotions like free dining plan?No, campsites are normally not eligible for discounts except AAA and maybe one other. No free dining and usually no seasonal discounts other than value seasons.
2. If they tow a car down can they get free parking at the parks like other guests of the resorts?Yes, they do get a parking pass for the Fort good for free parking at the parks.
3. If they tow our car down, can we claim it when we check in at the resort, so they could park it at the resort we are staying at when we visit the parks? You can claim it for your resort, or they can claim it at the Fort, but I don't think both. I'm sure there will be someone come along with their opinion on this.
4. Should they even bring a car down or just bring a golf cart with them? (IE how are the busses?)The buses are fine and a golf cart is fun for touring the fort and getting around.
5. When making a reservation do they make it or can a travel agent make it along with ours?They can go either way on this, it does not matter.

Thanks,
Mike Miceli

Hi Mike! I'm not an expert but here are a few answers. I'm sure an expert will be along shortly.

#1 is NO. People staying at the campground in a tent or camper can not take advantage of free dining.
#2 I think is yes. We towed a travel trailer and had a pass for the car.
#3 No clue. Sorry
#4 The "regulars" highly recommend golf carts, whether they are brought from home or rented locally. A golf cart, though, is not in place of the car... it is in addition to. Cars are pretty useless within the campground. They are only good for going from the campsites to the parks, Downtown Disney, the grocery. The only parking within the campground is at the sites and at the Meadows Trading Post. Bus and boat service is adequate and part of the experience. Just take into account the time it takes to get places.
#5. The travel agent should be able to make all the reservations as long as he/she has all the important information. Fort Wilderness does offer a AAA discount. I made my reservations through WDW and they were able to apply it.

Have fun :)

1 No free dining, they can do extra magic hours.
2 Yes
3 Yes, we did this once before, just swap passes as necessary between the fort and resort parking pass.
4 A cart will get you around well within the campground, but we always use our vehicle to go out a couple times (groceries, dinner etc), of course we tow so we always have a separate vehicle anyway. Also, there's no direct bus way to go to a different resort other than to first go to a destination that can connect you, it takes a while.
5 You can call disney directly or use their web site.

If either of your folks are retired military and depending on what your travel dates are, there is a 4 day park pass that can be pucrchased for $99 each and a total of 6 passes can be purchased. These are one park per day tickets, but hopper and water park options can be added.....I think the cost is $25 per option. Additionally, there is an offer for, I think, 40% off on campsites depending on availability......again based on your travel dates as to whether the offer is available or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter