Question about room

delo4

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I am not a fancy f
We have been assigned a cat 6 verandah, room 6644. It says that it is not a navigators verandah , but it says it is one with a solid wall. Does anyone have a picture. I am confused as to the differences between the verandahs. We have not stayed in one in a very long time. We usually stay on deck 2 with a large porthole.

I have not yet cruised,but thru my "studying " up on cruise info.....I believe that mean a solid white wall...not plexi glass . Hope this helps!

Check the FAQ sticky and look under Virtual Stateroom Tour for pics of cabins and verandahs.
You verandah will have the solid white wall and not the clear plexi wall.

Here are some pics of cabin 6150 solid wall verandah that we sailed in on the Magic.....the more aft the cabin in the 6A's the larger the verandah (deeper) due to curve of the ship...so the verandah on 6150 will be a bit deeper than 6640....you can see the difference on the deck plans. We don't mind the solid wall verandahs....some people do mind them.

MJ

Thank you everyone. I just couldn't picture what it looked like and all the pictures I could find of a verandah room were the plexi-glass or navigator verandahs.

I would rather the plexiglass ones, but I'll take this one. :) Thanks again.

I sailed in cabin 6644 on the Wonder in 2000. Did not like the verandah. The left wall of the verandah is a common wall with a navigators verandah. The outer wall is a solid steel wall and the entire verandah is curved with the aft curve of the ship. The steel on the outer part next to the left cabin curves to the verandah of 6644 and limits your views. Sorry I do not have a picture. Hope this information helps you.

The Navigators Verandah has a balcony but then the verandah part looks like a porthole - so it's not a complete verandah. Then they have the plexiglass verandahs which are usually located mid-ship. The solid wall verandahs are the ones at the back of the ship. So basically if you go from the back of the ship to the front it goes like this --- solid wall, navigators (porthole), then plexiglass. I have had all three. I really prefer the plexiglass one because you can be sitting down and still see the ocean and if you're lucky you can see dolphins on the side of the ship. With the solid wall you have to actually stand there to look out. If you're in the navigator then really 2 of you can not look out at the same time.

Thanks for the info. I think I would prefer the plexi-glass verandah also, but it is what it is. I don't think we'll actually be spending much time in the room. We have all adults sailing so we spend most of our time on deck 9 or in the Cove Cafe upstairs.

You would think that they would give you taller chairs to sit on so you could see the ocean. Who really wants to stare at a blank solid wall?

All in all, I'm just glad to be on a cruise, so I don't really care too much what the verandah looks like, I just was curious what to expect.

Thanks for the pics mmouse37!
We will be staying in 6152 on the Magic... I looked at the clear balconies and decided that i would rather have a solid wall and bigger balcony than a view through the wall - I'm thinking the balcony in 6152 is slightly larger than 6150?

Keep this in mind too: there is often a very bright sun glare that comes off the ocean. If you are just trying to sit out there and read or eat while enjoying the ocean air, the solid wall might be just the ticket.

There are several cabins on the ship that actually are marked "solid wall" but really are half solid and half plexiglass. We booked one of them to save the money but hopefully still have "half of a view." The reviews on that type of room/verandah are great so others have liked it. Check out post #3 of this thread for the fantastic list atinkerbellsmom put together:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2158526

I stayed in 6144, which is the same room on the port side. It was solid wall. However, the one side of the opening was curved like a navigators verandah, and the other was not. If you take a look at the side of the ship and see the first stateroom aft of the navigator's verandahs, where the opening looks like a capital D, that is what it looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter