• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about resort switch...

gattra

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

My wife and I are going to Disney on May 19th! We are scheduled to stay at POFQ. I was thinking about suprising her and upgrading to a Deluxe, but I don't know if its possible, because its within 30 days. Also, we are getting the $500 gift card deal, and I need to know if I will still be able to keep that, or even get bumped up to the $750 gift card for the Deluxe stay deal.

Thanks for all your help! The DIS is such a great resource for info!

Well, it's not too late to change your reservation. However, you will lose your gift card special if you do. The booking period for that offer is over, so if you move up to deluxe you won't receive the $750 gift card. You could rebook with a different offer - right now it's 25% off deluxe.

You could also consider a split stay, depending on how long your trip is. The gift card deal stipulated that you must stay at least 5 nights, so if you're booked for 6 or more nights, they might let you cancel the extra nights (everything more than 5), then make a new reservation at a deluxe with the 25% off for the extra nights.

Another option would be getting an AP (only would need one adult AP to qualify). The current AP offer is 42% off deluxe for 3 nights or less and 45% off deluxe for 4 nights or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter