Question about Qool auctions

perfectmatch300

DIS Veteran
Actually 2 questions! :confused: :confused: :confused:

1) How do I know for sure that I won the auction? :confused:

2) How do I know for sure how many coins the bid actually cost me? :confused:

I know my total went down, but it went down by the maximum # of coins I said I would bid. However, at just a few seconds before bidding closed, the winning bid listed was well below my maximum bid. If I understand them correctly, I should only be charged enough coins to win the bid, not the maximum amount.
This is my first time trying to bid on Qool. I don't like it much, so I just want to use up my Etour points and get something for them if I can. :( :( :(
This bidding stuff is too confusing for me. I prefer to know what I will get and how much it will cost me right up front. :(

Hi! Hope I can help you out here. First, they will send you an email if you win with the winning bid amount and details on confirming your prize and when/how it will ship. Second, if your winning bid is lower than what you put for maximum bid, they will put the difference back in your account once the auction is over. Same goes if you are outbid - it all goes back into your account.
I did this program to get rid of my etour points, and was pretty pleased with the results. I won a video (American Grafitti) and was upset that when the confirmation came through it said I won the sequel, not the original! I thought sequal? They made one? Well, who wants that! I was happily surpised that I did receive the original, though (I haven't got to watch it yet - if I go near the vcr my DS goes into Elmo mode!). I'm not sure if I'll keep this one up, but at least I feel my etour points weren't wasted.
Hope this helps, Good Luck!

I just re-checked my email and I did win! I now have 3 30 min phone cards on the way. :D

Not what I wanted from etour, but way better than nothing. :D :D :D

Congrats Nancy! I have ended up with 11 of the phone cards so far. I really hated the thoughts of coming back to a big phone bill. I know my daughter will want to call mom everynight and tell her about everything.

Remember, the expire six months from when you activate them.

Dmslush, thanks for the expiration warning. Is that from when you first use them, or from when you click on the link to get them? Also, did you get actual cards in the mail? My message said I would just get a pin # and access # I should use. I was a little confused about that.

You will get a 1-800 number and a pin number in email. The experation is 6 months from when you call the 1-800 number and activate the card. It will tell you that the card is now activated and will expire in 6 months. I had one that I won months and months ago that I had never called and activated.. didn't think to much of it. But, when I got my others here recently, I called and activated it and it said that it had 6 months left on it. So, just don't call the number until your trip is less than 6 months out. (if you are going to use them for the trip)

I have several other phone cards that I have been saving, some from epoll.com and then a few from the nestle promotion. I just took the ones from qool, wrote down the number on an index card and then wrote on the back of it all of the pin numbers and stuck it in with the other cards.

Thanks, dmslush! :D :D :D

I am going to print out my emails and put them in a folder I have set up with all the info for our next trip. :cool: :sunny:

If you win an auction, how long until they email? I just bid on a fewe things (very small things) and not sure if I was the last high bid. how long usually?
Thanks!

It usually takes a few days for them to email you, but you can go and look at your account and it will tell you if you won anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter