Question about points use for Non DVC - WDW resorts

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I bought into BCV and received a 7 day comp stay because of the amount of points I purchased. Once I get my paperwork and stuff, I will have a March use year. Now, I already had a trip planned this Dec to the Polynesian with my family and my in-laws, who have never been to WDW. I currently have 2 rooms at the Polynesian reserved - I have always wanted to stay here and so has my MIL and since she has cancer and this may be the only time she can go to WDW in good health, we are staying there - otherwise I would have said, let's go to BCV!

Now I plan to use my comp stay for one of my rooms and am hoping I can use my points for the other room at the Polynesian. So my question is, or maybe I am just asking for confirmation, IF I use my points for one of my Polynesian rooms, I will have to wait until 7 months from my CHECKOUT date to call Member Services and see if this can be done? Is this the correct procedure.?

I just won't be able to get to BCV before my points run out in March 2003 and rather than bank them for next year, it would make this upcoming vacation easier on my pocketbook if I can have both rooms taken care of.

Thanks for your help.

DVC members may reserve at non-DVC resorts and programs 11 months in advance. You can call right away.

Have a great trip!

Enjoy! :)

Good question. No, you do not have to wait for 7 months to reserve a non-DVC resort. You can do that 11 months from your check-out date!

You can use them to book 11 months out :-) We too our using our newly aquired points for a stay at the Poly! Enjoy.

Just a little word of caution when booking a Disney hotel through the Disney collection.

When you book a reservation at one of the DVC resorts, you are using "vacation points" to make this reservation. When you book a Disney hotel through the Disney collection, your vacation points are converted to "reservation points" to make the reservation.

This is not a problem unless you have to cancel the hotel reservation. "Reservation points" can not be banked. Reservation points can not be used to make a reservation at any of the DVC resorts. Reservation points can not be converted back to "vacation points". Reservation points can not be used for member getaway exchanges through Interval International.

Dumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter