Question about pins

Just(donald)Ducky

Mouseketeer
Hey all-

So my first interaction with pins was with a special "magical Gatherings" pin that I got from Tony's Town Square Resturant. My neices and mom went nuts for pins, so I gave it to my Mom.

My second interaction was much more interesting, and expensive. This time I went with my Wife (no intrest at all) and two young boys, age 4 and 5. Well, I bought a starter set for myself, figuring I'd give it a try, and end up giving the pins away to the boys. At most I figured I'd get a few pins from my favorite rides, and use them as suvenours (my spelling is atrocious).

Well, I got bit by the pin collecting bug. HARD. Ended up buying a ton of pins, and much expense, all in an effort to get hidden mickey pins. I would visit the gift shop and lobby desk at shift change times, to the point where I knew the peoples names and had them looking for pins I was looking for. I finally ran into the manager of the hotel, and he went into the back and found the pins I was looking for, and was glad to trade with me for them. :D

I spent probably around 300 bucks on pins that trip, as my sons went nutso for them as well.

Now we are going back in august, and the urge to trade is already tugging at my wallet. It's saying "Buy pins now... you can get them cheap off ebay!" and I'm saying "shut up you!"

So: I'm trying to avoid Ebay to avoid scrappers and what not. I found mousepins online, and was thinking of getting three of the 25 pin grab bags w/ lanyard.

Is that a good deal?

Secondly: do they still offer the trading pin sets that they had when i was there last in 2008? I remember they were sets of the charicters dressed up in pirate attire, something like 40$ for 8 of them.... is there something similar to this still available in the parks?

Thanks in advance for the info!

-JDD

The parks always have starter sets for sale. It is the same as what you remeber.

As for ebay, I personaly have ordered over 500 pins (in lots of 50-100 each)

I have only recieved 3 scrappers in all that time (in the 100 lot) but there were 105 in the package so i just tossed the scrappers.

Welcome to the crazy world of pin trading!! :) I've ordered from Mousepins many times and been happy with what I've recieved. No scrappers but you will get pro pins, while many collectors will avoid the pro pins and refuse your trades the CMs will be happy to trade with you. There is a large thread here that gives names of good eBay sellers, try to avoid those who have a lot of large lots up for sale, those sellers tend to be selling scrappers. I've never received a lot of 100 that did not have scrappers in it, when I first started buying from eBay I didn't know about scrappers and was happy with all my purchases, then I found out and realized that most of the pins I had were bad. So I educated myself by doing a LOT of research, buying from different sellers and finding some that had good stuff available. My advice would be to read the other thread, make notes of eBayers and buy from them.

The parks always have starter sets for sale. It is the same as what you remeber.

As for ebay, I personaly have ordered over 500 pins (in lots of 50-100 each)

I have only recieved 3 scrappers in all that time (in the 100 lot) but there were 105 in the package so i just tossed the scrappers.

Whoa! 3 scrappers! Tell me the sellers you bought from on the ebay thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter