Question about paying cash on board

mommytoxzande

Mouseketeer
Hi-quick question for all the cruise experts!

I know there's a set amount you are allowed to charge per day when you choose to pay in cash. My question is can you go over that amount by putting more on your account from the beginning of the cruise. So for example, can I place $500 on my account on day one and than charge up to that amount? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi-quick question for all the cruise experts! I know there's a set amount you are allowed to charge per day when you choose to pay in cash. My question is can you go over that amount by putting more on your account from the beginning of the cruise. So for example, can I place $500 on my account on day one and than charge up to that amount? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help.

You can put millions of $$$ on to your account but DCL will take their set limit each time it is reached. Set limits are: 2-5 day cruise $300, 6-9 days $500, 10 days plus $700. Hope that helps Joa

Yes, you can do what you are asking. So if you know you will be putting charges on your room early (excursions, beverage tastings, etc.), you can give them a larger deposit than what is required or if you know you have a busy "spending day" (spa appointments, Palo/Remy or just going shopping), you can go to Guest Services to add extra money to your account before making the charges. It saves you getting a call from Guest Services to "replenish" your account.

Yes, you can do what you are asking. So if you know you will be putting charges on your room early (excursions, beverage tastings, etc.), you can give them a larger deposit than what is required or if you know you have a busy "spending day" (spa appointments, Palo/Remy or just going shopping), you can go to Guest Services to add extra money to your account before making the charges. It saves you getting a call from Guest Services to "replenish" your account.

Perfect! Thanks!:banana:

Usually between 1:30 and 4:00 pm on the boarding day I go down and give them some money for our account. I always get the money for the tips, and couple of hundred for purchases, and some for excusions and pictures. You can go down to guest services anytime and add more money. The last night, usually after the show the wife hits the shops one more time and then I wait in line to get any cash back. The later you wait on the last night, the longer the line will become. You can always go on the deaprture day, but I don't want to stand in line with luggage. Hope this helps.

Usually between 1:30 and 4:00 pm on the boarding day I go down and give them some money for our account. I always get the money for the tips, and couple of hundred for purchases, and some for excusions and pictures. You can go down to guest services anytime and add more money. The last night, usually after the show the wife hits the shops one more time and then I wait in line to get any cash back. The later you wait on the last night, the longer the line will become. You can always go on the deaprture day, but I don't want to stand in line with luggage. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that is good advice about going back after the show on the last night to settle any differences. This is our first cruise so any bits of advice help.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter