Question about Paycheck

grlwonder

Mouseketeer
Hey howdy hey! I'm Monica and I am applying for the Spring 2013 DCP. I have my interview this friday :woohoo: and I am very excited about that. There is a question that I have been looking for answers throughout the forum but I don't see one so I making a thread about it.

My question is about the paycheck you receive while on the DCP. How do they give you your paycheck? Is it cash, an actual check, or something else?

Do you have to go to your bank to cash it out or put it in your credit/debit card?

I was wondering and so were my parents wondering about this question. Thought I would ask to help both parents and us college kids. :confused:

I saw mention of direct deposit being one of the benefits of Disney. I would assume this means the paycheck is directly deposited into your account (meaning you need to have your routing number, account number and someway to access your account to retrieve the money while you're down there).

Someone who has done DCP will have to comment further though.

On the College Program if you look on the side tab that says Total Rewards (I don't have enough posts to give you a direct link) it lists this:

Pay & Benefits

Weekly pay
Direct deposit
Costumes/uniforms are provided

Direct deposit is what I said above so I would assume that is the case.

It's either Direct Deposit, or a Payroll Visa card. Many employers are using the cards now instead of a paycheck. You can either use it anywhere that accepts Visa, or you can transfer it to a linked bank account -- or even withdraw money from it at an ATM. From the College Program Family Guide:

The Payroll Card
The PaychekPLUS! Elite® Visa® Payroll Card is a Visa-branded, stored-value card issued to all participants to provide convenient, low-cost access to weekly pay. This debit card may be used to shop anywhere Visa is accepted, and is issued to participants during their check-in. Pay will be directly deposited to their payroll card by 10 a.m. EST every Thursday. Participants will receive information about how to withdraw cash from their payroll card account, options for checking their balance and frequently asked questions about their payroll card during their employment check-in process. Personal checks may not be used to deposit money to the card. The card may be reloaded by:
• Payroll deposits
• Cash to card loads
• Western Union
• Green Dot MoneyPak

My dd did direct deposit into her hometown banking account.

We know too many people who have had serious problems with the payroll cards.

My dd did direct deposit into her hometown banking account.

We know too many people who have had serious problems with the payroll cards.

The only concern I have with this method, the one I would use as well, is accessing my own account there. I suppose I could get a debit card, (staying away from credit cards as much as I can).

Most employers do use payroll cards as a secondary option but I have always opted for direct deposit. At least you are guaranteed your money that way.

Which one would you recommend?

I just got my first debit card this summer, it is a visa card. If I do get accepted into the DCP I will not bring a car so I can't go to my bank while I'm there. I guess that is my biggest concern since I won't have a car with me.

But I am starting to understand. Thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter