question about party of 10

momof2n2

DIS Veteran
We've done WDW many times before, and done our share of ADRs over the years. However, many times, we've split up our group as we planned dining (ie. just mom and girls do Akershus, or Dad and boys do T-Rex, etc., etc.) And/or our family is larger now that it was a decade ago, etc.

Our travel party is DH, myself, two teen sons, two tween daughters, two little girls, my mom and sister. We would all like to eat at BOG one day. We would all like to do CP for breakfast one day. We also may try for CRT for a meal.Is our group just too large to even have a hope? We do feel this is our last trip for quite a while.

Is there any fast way to look for a table for 6 and a table for 4 at the same time? Is that advisable?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

We have extended family joining us for part of our trip in October, and many of reservations were for 11 people. I made most of them right at 180 days and got everything I wanted, including some difficult to get reservations. The difficulty we had was when we wanted to split up. Sometimes the system would want to cancel the one we had regardless of how many people it was for. Eventually I just started booking the second meal on another MDE account.

The smallest we've ever traveled with is 9 and largest is 12. We've always booked every meal together. I never had an issue getting the ADRs that I wanted. A few times we did have to split up into 2 reservations. Every time we were either all at one table or at tables right next to each other (although obviously this isn't guaranteed). If you can't get a table all together, then try splitting up your party. You'll need two MDE accounts to do this. I used mine and my mom's.

We are a family of 9 traveling next month. So far we have not had to split any of our reservations. We even got a pre-park opening BOG. We only have 2 for CRT, but that's just because we only had 2 interested in eating there. I didn't even try there for 9.

We are a party of 10 as well going Christmas week. I was really worried I would have problems booking ADRs for our group but didn't have any issues at the 180 day mark. We were able to get BOG lunch, 1900 PF, CP, and 'Ohana--everything we wanted. Just recently we added R&C.

I think it would be difficult to move anything around now due to the time of year we are going and our party's size, but it was much easier than I thought to get those reservations when the booking window opened.

When we traveled with our family of 10 I just called the dining line so much easier and we were able to all sit together at each place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter