Question about park tickets

socaintexas

Mouseketeer
We are heading out 8/4 - 8/10 and are staying at Portofino Bay. I have waited until the last minute to buy tickets. Apparently Undercover Tourist is sold out. I was looking at TicketsatWork but you have to redeem a voucher versus getting the tickets to print.

A few questions: If I did TicketsatWork can I redeem the voucher at the Kiosk in Portofino Bay?

I am leaning towards just going through Universal. It is $98 more but I can have the tickets electronically delivered to the app or emailed for me to print. If I do this and have them delivered electronically to the app will there be any issues upgrading to the annual pass from the virtual tickets?

Thanks!

We are heading out 8/4 - 8/10 and are staying at Portofino Bay. I have waited until the last minute to buy tickets. Apparently Undercover Tourist is sold out. I was looking at TicketsatWork but you have to redeem a voucher versus getting the tickets to print.

A few questions: If I did TicketsatWork can I redeem the voucher at the Kiosk in Portofino Bay?

I am leaning towards just going through Universal. It is $98 more but I can have the tickets electronically delivered to the app or emailed for me to print. If I do this and have them delivered electronically to the app will there be any issues upgrading to the annual pass from the virtual tickets?

Thanks!

Should be no issues upgrading and yes, you should be able to just get your tickets from the kiosk at Portofino.

I've searched a bit but couldn't see a very specific answer to my question so apologies for resurrecting this thread. I'll be purchasing Universal 2 day park to park tickets from Undercover Tourist. I will very likely want to upgrade my own 2 day park to park ticket to an annual pass after we arrive at Royal Pacific. Will I have any issues with upgrading my ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist at Universal after I arrive at my resort? Also, are you able to upgrade to, or purchase APs at the resort hotel or would I have to do it at a park Guest Services window? Thanks to anyone for a reply!

No problem to upgrade tickets no matter where you purchased them

I believe we had an older thread about a suggestion on when to do the upgrade of discounted tickets to the ap

if you use the undercover purchased ticket to enter the park, it would update/adjust your ticket pass to the gate price

makes your two day ticket more valuable towards paying less difference to getting the ap
Any bought passes would increase in value when first the attraction is used

Your two day park ticket would then have a higher value when you applied it to AP

I have used the ticket attraction desk in the hotel lobby for ticket purchases
And have done pick up in the park for tickets ordered before I arrived in Orlando

unless anything has changed since my last visit the two day ticket this will cost you less for converting the tickets to the pass cost
you can convert part tickets into a pass

No problem to upgrade tickets no matter where you purchased them

I believe we had an older thread about a suggestion on when to do the upgrade of discounted tickets to the ap

if you use the undercover purchased ticket to enter the park, it would update/adjust your ticket pass to the gate price

makes your two day ticket more valuable towards paying less difference to getting the ap
Ir was a way
Any bought Passed would increase in value when first the attraction is used

Your two day park ticket would then have a higher value when you applied it to AP

used the ticket attraction desk I n the hotel lobby

unless anything has changed since my last visit the two day ticket this will cost you less for converting the tickets to the pass cost
you can concert part tickets into a pass

Good tip! Thanks for the info!

I just reread what I posted earlier to you
Goodness ... my typos!!

I just tried to edit my post so I was clearer (using my iPhone)

Good!!

also check OI
(Orlando Informer)

Sometimes they have good deals on UO tickets for multi day pass
When checking crowd level predictions for a future stay, they are decent on their advice

Ok so let me see if I understand this-
Seasonal AP is $305, $325 after tax.
2 day P2P through Universal is $295 pre-tax, $314 total.
2 day P2P through UT is $289 total.

I buy the 2 day through UT, go to Universal and upgrade to a Seasonal AP. They charge me $10, even though I only paid the $289?

Then I buy the rest of my party tickets with the AP discount? Someone told me that was off the gate price. I can't find the gate price.

Gate price in the past when I looked, were higher than if you bought in advance

Upgrade your pre purchased tickets to the ap at the hotel onsite attractions desk or guest services at the park ( outside gs)

It could be just $10 for that change of tickets to the AP pass

Yes
If you use your ap for buying the other tickets at the gate, could be just the 10% discount for them ( and price is at gate costs)
If that amount has changed I am sure someone will post to correct me

If the pass you are buying has blackouts during your visit, be sure to upgrade just before you leave the park for the last time.

No blackouts for our usual travel times. Do they add those on a rolling basis or is it announced ahead? I may go 3-4 days in Feb 2020, but I don't necessarily plan on heading back until Oct 2021.

In Feb you just have to watch out for Mardi Grad concert dates, which will block Seasonal Passes out of the Studios side for the day.

Those two days are our Disney days. I'm sneaking over on the 16th. :tiptoe:
Then we all go on the 19th & 20th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter