Question about opting out of CP housing

Disneygirl86

Earning My Ears
Hey!

So I have a question about college program housing for anyone that knows about opting out of the living requirement. I'm hoping to get a professional internship for Jun-Jan, and my friend just accepted a CP for Fall. We'd like to room together, but I'd like to live "off campus" (which is fine for me if I get a PI, but I know CP's are typically required to live "on campus"). My question is, if we enter into a lease say in June, will that qualify for us to opt out since she wouldn't be able to break the lease in August?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

Your friend would have to email housing management (WDW.Housing.Yield.Management [at] disney.com) and petition for off-site housing. Have her explain the situation and give the dates of her program, and be sure she assures them that she'll have full availability and have no trouble getting to and from work (I think transportation would be the biggest reason why they would deny a request to live off-site). The fact that she would already be in a lease isn't by itself enough to be approved, but hopefully because it's early enough you'll have no trouble!

Thanks for the info! She should be able to prove that no problem. Were you on the CP and able to opt out by chance? Are they super strict about it?

Thanks for the info! She should be able to prove that no problem. Were you on the CP and able to opt out by chance? Are they super strict about it?

Yep I was able to opt out. I have heard of others being denied, but for me they weren't super strict, it was pretty easy actually. I think it was because I requested it pretty early and assured them I'd be fully available and have no problems getting to work.

after I was already in the contract and had been living in housing for 4 months, I tried to get out so I could get my own apt and they denied it. So I moved out, got my own apt, and paid rent to Disney until my program was up. It should be noted that I had additional income to rely on to be able to do that. Then when I extended, I didn't have to live in housing and was able to stop paying them rent. Once you're in the contract, they don't like to let you out once you've moved in. At least that was my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter