• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about old ticket.

ToyStoryMania1

Earning My Ears
I tried to post this somewhere else but I know my Mickey Maniacs can help me here:

I know this is probably somewhere in the forums but I have a couple of questions. For a period of time my family hoarded disney tickets when we stayed on resort. We have a couple of tickets from 1997 with only one day left on each.

There is one that is a child ticket, it was bought as a 7 day all access ticket and could be used anywhere, whenever as a park hopper or waterpark if I'm not mistaken.

I was at the park in the summer (2013) and used a couple of them to park hop between EPCOT with Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom with Magic Kingdom. I did not go to any waterparks.

Does the ticket now that we are in 2014 still allow for me to park hop between all the parks and a waterpark or limit it to the main parks?

I tried to post this somewhere else but I know my Mickey Maniacs can help me here:

Does the ticket now that we are in 2014 still allow for me to park hop between all the parks and a waterpark or limit it to the main parks?

In answer to your question, water parks are not included in the park hopper option but is a separate add-on option. The water parks option also give you access to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney. The option is then for your entire length of stay.

It is interesting that you were able to use old left-over tickets, currently tickets generally expire 14 days after first use, unless you purchase the non-expire option.

It is interesting that you were able to use old left-over tickets, currently tickets generally expire 14 days after first use, unless you purchase the non-expire option.
All the tickets from the early years (opening through the mid-90s) didn't ever expire. You didn't have to buy a non-expiration option either.

There was no need to buy non-expiry as none used to expire then.

It was an all access that included the ability to park hop and waterparks at the time. It was a specific option with a different name. I just don't know if it is converted to only a park hopper.

I tried to post this somewhere else but I know my Mickey Maniacs can help me here: I know this is probably somewhere in the forums but I have a couple of questions. For a period of time my family hoarded disney tickets when we stayed on resort. We have a couple of tickets from 1997 with only one day left on each. There is one that is a child ticket, it was bought as a 7 day all access ticket and could be used anywhere, whenever as a park hopper or waterpark if I'm not mistaken. I was at the park in the summer (2013) and used a couple of them to park hop between EPCOT with Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom with Magic Kingdom. I did not go to any waterparks. Does the ticket now that we are in 2014 still allow for me to park hop between all the parks and a waterpark or limit it to the main parks?
I have a park hopper with water park and more added. It was originally a 10 day non expiring ticket. We have used 5 park hopper days, and 2 water park days. GS told me that as long as I have 1 regular park day left on my ticket then all water oar days will remain, and can be used. So as long as I keep 1 park day on my ticket, I can visit the water parks 8 more times.
I'm thinking your ticket might work the same way.

I figured out the name of the type of ticket. It was a 7 day all-in-one ticket. I don't think they were around very long.

We had a few old 7 day tickets as well. I went to a customer service window at epcot and confirmed the days left on them.
The CM noticed they were quite old and asked if the guest with the JR ticket was over 18. I replied yes and she said "let me change that to an adult ticket for you. We don't charge kids for growing up at WDW."

Not sure if this is a general rule or if she was just being nice. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Good luck!

We had a few paper tickets with one day left on each from the early 80's in Walt Disney World. They are happy to accept old tickets.
Last year, we went to Disneyland and brought along one of our paper tickets since my uncle who lives in West Hollywood had never been to Disney and was going to join us. They accepted the paper ticket that specifically said good only at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. So they are very flexible with the older tickets. The first time we used an old ticket, they also upgraded a child ticket to adult for free on another trip to the World.

My daughter used a child's paper ticket from 1990 this past December. You can go to a customer service window (we went to DTD), and they will exchange them for a new plastic card ticket.

If you have a non-expiring (includes all pre-2005 hoppers) ticket with a fixed number water park fun visits, any unused water park fun is still valid even if all the theme park days are used up.

Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon (that's all) -- Uses no park days and two fun visits.

For older tickets with unlimited water park fun, the fun lasted for the first 7 days when you started using the ticket and then expired. You could hold off visiting the theme parks if you desired.

All access tickets that came with resort room packages expired when the parks closed for your checkout day. Combinging a separately purchased ticket with a room key (optional manual step done at the front desk) did not cause it to expire sooner than it otherwise would have.

Some all access tickets have unlimited theme park and water park use for a time span such as 14 consecutive days. They also have definite use-by (expiration) dates. Currently none are sold in the U.S.

As a general rule, if you need to buy a new ticket and your vacation is for 4 to 10 theme park days, it costs much less to buy the new ticket for the whole vacation and not use up old tickets at that time.

Tell us the information on the ticket (do NOT include serial numbers or the gobbledygooky parts like Tr: A6RY) and we can tell you what is still valid.

We had a group of very old (~20 years) tickets and were unsure exactly what was left on them. We visited a customer service rep in Downtown Disney this week and just asked what we could do. She looked at each one and told us we had 2 park hopper days each and then several other activities. Some of the other activities were no longer around so she upgraded those to include all the new activities (Quest, golf, etc.) that are offered now. She put them in the file accessed by our Magic Bands all at no charge. We left very happy.

If you have a non-expiring (includes all pre-2005 hoppers) ticket with a fixed number water park fun visits, any unused water park fun is still valid even if all the theme park days are used up.

Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon (that's all) -- Uses no park days and two fun visits.

For older tickets with unlimited water park fun, the fun lasted for the first 7 days when you started using the ticket and then expired. You could hold off visiting the theme parks if you desired.

All access tickets that came with resort room packages expired when the parks closed for your checkout day. Combinging a separately purchased ticket with a room key (optional manual step done at the front desk) did not cause it to expire sooner than it otherwise would have.

Some all access tickets have unlimited theme park and water park use for a time span such as 14 consecutive days. They also have definite use-by (expiration) dates. Currently none are sold in the U.S.

As a general rule, if you need to buy a new ticket and your vacation is for 4 to 10 theme park days, it costs much less to buy the new ticket for the whole vacation and not use up old tickets at that time.

Tell us the information on the ticket (do NOT include serial numbers or the gobbledygooky parts like Tr: A6RY) and we can tell you what is still valid.

It is a 7 day All-in-one ticket

Seven day all in one ticket -- Gives you 7 days (need not be consecutive) admission to any or all theme parks and water park fun venues, in any combination, order, or repetition, hopping allowed.

Sold for only a few years and then replaced by the Park Hopper Plus ticket where the 7 day version gave 7 days of theme parks and 4 water park fun visits that could be spread out over up to 11 different days.

I have a park hopper with water park and more added. It was originally a 10 day non expiring ticket. We have used 5 park hopper days, and 2 water park days. GS told me that as long as I have 1 regular park day left on my ticket then all water oar days will remain, and can be used. So as long as I keep 1 park day on my ticket, I can visit the water parks 8 more times.
I'm thinking your ticket might work the same way.

Thanks - I got a little worried there!

Hi! I've been trying to find some information on my old tickets from 1997. I was able to find an email address to confirm any unused days on my tickets and I do have a day left. She then told me the ticket expired October 1997 (the date on the ticket is April 1997). I was under the impression that any tickets prior to 2005 didn't expire. Also to anyone who was able to use your old tickets, were you able to keep the paper ticket or did they require you turn it in? These tickets were from the 25th Anniversary of the park and also my engagement so I don't want to lose them.

Thank you! (Sorry to hijack this thread, I couldn't find any other similar to my issue)

:flower3:

We are in the same boat. Have old tickets that we never used the water park part of. They were from the late 90's. Never expire park hopper. We checked them last Oct when we were there and were told they are still good.
When we got ours the Disney Quest was not an option on them. Just the water parks, hopper, never expire...

Hi! I've been trying to find some information on my old tickets from 1997. I was able to find an email address to confirm any unused days on my tickets and I do have a day left. She then told me the ticket expired October 1997 (the date on the ticket is April 1997). I was under the impression that any tickets prior to 2005 didn't expire. Also to anyone who was able to use your old tickets, were you able to keep the paper ticket or did they require you turn it in? These tickets were from the 25th Anniversary of the park and also my engagement so I don't want to lose them. Thank you! (Sorry to hijack this thread, I couldn't find any other similar to my issue) :flower3:

For the most accurate answer, the number for Disney Ticket Services is 407-939-7523

I actually used to work in that department. However, I switched out a few years ago, their policies shouldn't have changed too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter