Question about Newport Bay

towledj

Disney Dave UK
:cool1: Hi. We are staying LV AF at the Newport Bay in a couple of weeks.

We were interested to see Jill's March report about the room.

Is the option to have breakfast in the Captain's Quarters available to all guests staying in an Admiral room?

And also the chocolates, toy and welcome letter, is this normal for Admiral guests.

We had a bit of a nasty experiance last time we stayed here, and paid to move rooms from the standard LV to the AF LV and things were much better, but we didn't get any option to dine in the CQ or the chocolates / toy.

Also can you pay to upgrade your b/fst to a character b/fst if you are staying here.

And finally, How do I get birthday balloons, and where do we go to get the Jigsaw desert, (saw your Photos)

Many thanks, David :yay:

Hi David and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Can't help with NPB but I'm sure Jill and others will be along to answer :)

Yes you can book a character breakfast prior to your arrival.

towledj said:
And also the chocolates, toy and welcome letter, is this normal for Admiral guests.

We didn't get those things when we stayed there last November. So it was before Jill's stay, so this might be a new thing. Or it could be that we didn't get them because we were staying on one of those hotel upgrade offers, and so paid a slightly cheaper price than normal. :confused3

Also can you pay to upgrade your b/fst to a character b/fst if you are staying here.

and where do we go to get the Jigsaw desert

There is some information here on the DLP Foodguide, about the character breakfasts. You can also check this site for all the menus of all the restaurants in DLP - most of which should be up to date. I believe that most of the table service restaurants do the jigsaw desert - certainly Walt's does it.

I seem to remember that the chocolates and toy were for someones birthday in Jill's party I don't think they come as a standard thing.

The balloons I got by ringing the hotel direct. As it was DS's birthday I rang the hotel to see if I they did anything special for kiddies, as I knew adults could arrange for Champagne, chocolates/flowers in the room. There wasn't anything I could pay for but the CM I spoke to said he would make a note of my request and see what he could do and asked me to again ring 2 days before we arrived just to make sure his note had been transferred to the arrivals book. I thought we might get 1 balloon and a card perhaps, but there must have been about 15 - 20 balloons all neatly arranged around the beds, he also got a card signed by the main characters and an autograph book.
The cuddly toys I assumed were standard for Admiral's Floor guests as there was one on each child's bed including my niece in the room next door.

The chocolate coins (I think all hotels do them) and the Belgian chocolates again I assumed were for all AF guests as they were also in my sister's room.

The welcome letter and the invitation to breakfast at the Captain's Quarters were given to us at checkin and a complete surprise to us, I've never heard anyone else mention this and it wasn't part of the deal as far as I was aware, in fact one of the reasons I booked AF was I'd heard how chaotic breakfast times can get at the NPB and knew that we would have the option of having breakfast delivered to our room ( at an extra cost ) if required.

It was a wonderful breakfast experience, we're talking real crockery, linen napkins, breakfast was buffet style but with quite a few extras, fresh fruit as well as the fruit salad, beautiful pastries, but with very attentive service for drinks, tea, coffee, fruit juice, hot chocolate for the children. There were never more than a dozen or so others having breakfast at the same time as us and one or two characters popped into the room, as I think I mentioned in the trippie we had Donald Duck all to ourselves one morning, and we had Pluto and Goofy come in.

The Character breakfast isn't an upgrade as such, it's a prebookable extra. Had I known about the hotel breakfast I probably wouldn't have booked them because we'd done it before and had other character meals planned at Cafe Mickey, & Lucky Nugget I probably would've opted for a character tea at the Plaza Gardens instead ( I love that restaurant and the tea party).

You could always ring the hotel direct and ask what the breakfast arrangements are for the AF before making any plans.

Personally I adored the NPB, it was definately our best holiday at the resort but I'd only go back to the AF. We were very lucky to get a nice view, I can't fault the Consierge service, we left our suitcases at the Disney Express desk in the station and didn't see them again until about 5 minutes after we arrived in our rooms when they were brought up for us, similarly on the last morning we left them in our rooms and picked them up at the station desk - perfect. :thumbsup2

You should get a complimentary room service voucher - use it. They will bring you a kettle, several teabags, coffee, sugar, milk and a couple of cups as we had 2 rooms there were enough supplies to keep us going for the holiday. I didn't have to touch the ones I'd taken with us.

We had the Jigsaw dessert at the Blue Lagoon restaurant inside the POTC ride, I think it was called "The Captain's Surprise", I believe most of the table service restaurants offer it.

Have a superb trip, I'm sure you will.:goodvibes

Thank you all for the replys. I'll make sure to let you know how I get on.

Thanks again, Dave :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter