Question about mousekeeping at OKW

Momonthego4all

Earning My Ears
I hope this is the correct forum to post this question on.

I am renting a week from an owner at OKW. I was not aware that it does not include mousekeeping. She told me there is a tidy up service on the 3rd day.

Can someone please explain to me exactly what that is? Is that making beds, new towels, replacing toilet paper, vacuuming?

What if I need more towels/toilet paper before/after that 3rd day?

She mentioned I can pay for services if I want. Does anyone know the cost for a studio for mousekeeping? Do I have to do it every single day or can I pick and choose which days? We are taking our children for the first time and it may sound silly, but I was looking forward to the daily housekeeping, and also for the nice towel animals that I keep hearing about when you stay at a Disney Resort.

Any information you can give me about how mousekeeping works with the DVC would be great. Thank you so much.

None of the DVC resorts have daily housekeeping. On the 4th day they do a "trash and towel".Empty the trash, provide new soap if needed, new towels if needed. (toss your old towels and wash cloths in the bathtub). Another coffee service (you should bring a supply of your own). New paper. New plastic dishes. No bed changing of linens or making up the bed. (only on 7 days are longer). I have never seen a Mickey towel. You can contract for daily housekeeping for a price but we have never needed it. You can wash and dry at free washers and dryers. You can order extra towels at a cost. The studio is equipped for four. If not call housekeeping. A vacuum is provided in the closet if you need to use it.
Have a great trip but be prepared accordingly.

Sorry, the only way you get daily housekeeping at a DVC resort staying on points is to pay for it yourself.

If you stay 7 nights or less, on day 4, they will replace your towels and remove your trash. That's all. No bed making, no vacuuming, no wiping of counters, etc. If you stay 8 nights or more, on day 4 they will do a full cleaning and on day 8 they will remove your trash and replace your towels. The cycle repeats if you stay longer. They will leave you at least two rolls of toilet paper until the next cleaning. They will refresh your supplies when they fully clean or do T&T service (replace soap, shampoo, coffee pouch, etc).

If you need more towels before day 4, you can purchase additional towels in a towel pack of 4 bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths fof $6.

Depending on the size of your accomodations, you'll have four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths (studio and one bedroom) or times 2 for the two bedroom or times 3 for the GV.

You can also pay for additional full cleaning and that is based on the size of your accomodations. It goes up to about $75 a day.

You can also request additional Trash and Towel service for any day and that goes up to maybe $25 a day.

You will have a vacuum in your accomodations if you need to clean up any messes.

Towels animals don't happen much in DVC villas because housekeeping has so much to do when they clean the villas. You might find one small towel animal by the bathroom sink when you arrive.

Here are the prices from the DVC Member website. They have increased recently.

Pay As You Play

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change

Thank you for your replies.
One more question...
Does the $30/day full cleaning service include new towels and toilet paper?

There are always extra rolls of toilet paper left in the room. Do not think that will be a problem.

Cyn

Thank you for your replies.
One more question...
Does the $30/day full cleaning service include new towels and toilet paper?

Full cleaning is full cleaning. New towels, supplies replaced, bed made, floors swept, counters wiped, dishes washed, etc.

FYI...You are renting a timeshare unit. Timeshares are meant to act as vacation homes, so you take care of your "home" yourself. For those of us who are DCV members, we have all learned that there are real benefits to not having housekeeping lurking about all the time. Your time is your own...You don't have to worry about housekeeping's schedule, and if you don't want to make your bed...you don't have to. It sounds like you will be in a studio, which is the second bedroom of a 2 bedroom unit that has been "locked off" from the full unit.

There are always extra rolls of toilet paper left in the room. Do not think that will be a problem.

Cyn
::yes::
If you run out, you can call Housekeeping and they will bring you more toilet paper or tissues at no charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter