Question about MNSSHP

MrsJSP

Earning My Ears
We've got tickets for the Halloween Party in October, and I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be the only adult there without a costume. I HATE dressing up for Halloween, and definitely don't want to wear one, but if I'm going to be the only one there not dressed up, I think I'll have to start thinking about it now to get myself worked up to do it. :) There are other adults who don't wear costumes, right?

Also, this may sound totally stupid, but is it okay if our kids' costumes aren't Disney themed?

1. Dress up as a Tourist! For Cast Members, that is Scary enough.

2. You would not believe the number of Harry Potter's that show up. As long as it is within the "Not So Scary" criteria.

Absolutely nothing to worry about! Many adults will not be in custom and your kids do not have to be dressed in Disney attire :) It's a wonderful event/ party, have a magical evening!

We've done MNSSHP several times. Pretty much anything goes. It's a great night, and you'll be comfortable no matter how you go. Just enjoy!!! :)

I've worn a Halloween t-shirt both times I went. DD dressed up, but just shorts and t-shirt for me.

i've seen some adults wear modified costumes. For example for Snow WHite they would wear a yellow skirt, black vest and blue shirt. Aurora, all pink or half pink half blue with a crown.. Or if you want to be bothered, get a lion tail and either a head band with ears or the ear hair clips. That way you won't be " in a costume" but will have enough of a " costume" you won't feel out of place.
Plenty of adults don't wear a costume though ; )

We are doing a modified Alice in Wonderland theme, and though I was originally planning to go all out, I am now seriously contemplating going a bit less dressed up. My brother and I will be going as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, so I thought it would be fun if both of us just wore a yellow t-shirt this message on the back of them:
MINE:..............................MY BRO'S:

TWEEDLE DEE ...................TWEEDLE DEE

TWEEDLE DUM-----> <-----TWEEDLE DUM

We will have to stand next to each other all night, but I think it will be funny. The top periods won't be on the shirts, I just had to put them there b/c it was messing up when I posted it.

I was there on Tuesday night and saw lots of folks without costumes. Most had something halloween themed though, be it a tshirt or at least orange and black, and a lot had ears or headbands on. I went with a tiedye in orange and black, I just couldn't bring myself to deal with a costume this time around.

Don't worry, my hubby won't dress up either! I don't think he would even wear a Halloween T-shirt. DD and I will just be dressing up.

We have been at MNSSHP on halloween night for the past few years. I (and dh) also hate dressing up in any type of costume. I just wear shorts and a t. For two of the years one of my dds didn't want to wear a costume. We decided that I would dress up as the mom and she would dress as the kid. That would be our "costume" if anybody asked. We were far from the only people not dressed up.

:) We have been to MNSSHP on 10/31 the last two years and have a repeater coming up. In 2010 I talked DH into wearing a Charlie Brown Zig-Zag shirt, brown shorts and shoes. He looked really cute...like Charlie at 48. I wore a themed shirt. Last year I put glitter in my hair, wore a themed shirt and DH did not...my Mom(68) and Dad (74) went as a Zebra and Werewolf respectively.

For the life of me I can't talk DH into wearing a Tooth Fairy shirt this year...which would be hysterical. He is pooh sized and can grow a beard in too days...just thinking about it makes me laugh.

This will be our 3rd time at MNSSHP and lots of people don't wear costumes. I ordered a really cute Halloween tee from the Disney Store online and Old Navy has a couple cute headbands (a devil and a witch I think) online if you want to be festive without going all out. The party is one of our favs and I LOVE the parade! Not to be missed! Have fun!!!

When we went in 2010, it was so sticky hot the night we went that my kids (then 4 and 2 ) would not even think about putting on thier itchy (polyester) costumes. They were Peter Pan and Tink. But it was cold enough out at Halloween at home that I could put layers under them so the polyester didn't rub thier skin!!! Plus, the GLITTERpixiedust: on the Tink Costume really irritated my DD's skin.

My DH and I don't dress up either, I am not sure we even wore Halloween Tshirts??? We are going to the last MNSSHP 11/2 (and MVMCP 11/9:cool1:)and won't dress up then either. Depending on the weather, my kids will probably wear thier costumes since this will be their only trick-or-treating since we are leaving home on 10/31 to drive down!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter