Question about Military Discount tickets

MommyPoppins

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment
My brother in law is thinking about taking his family to Disney as a surprise(even to his wife). So being the expert in all things Disney he turned to me for help in planning. They live in Ga. so, I'm not used to dealing with people who don't get all the great Fl. discounts.

But he is ex-military. I believe he was in the Reserves, he served in Iraq for almost a year, but he is out now. I guess he finished out his time and didn't re-enlist. (is that how it works?)

Anyway, my question is if they would still qualify for all the Military discounts.

TIA

No, unless he is a retiree, then he does not qualify. It is for active duty and retiree's not veterans.

It is for active and retired military. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #17, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature.

A really easy way to tell if he can get the discounts is to ask if he has a current military or DoD ID. That is the proof of eligibility that is required to get the discounts. No ID, No discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter