• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Mickey's Halloween Party

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
Is there a time that it is less crowded? We are still trying to pick a week for our next trip. I hear that Mickey's Halloween is so crowded, and my kids are young. 8, 6 and 4 at the time of our next trip so I am wondering if there is a time where its not as crowded? Maybe a better week to go?

Also what date does it end?

Unfortunately, the special parties in the park are always crowded because most of the time they are sold out. Just pick a day that works for you and go with it.

I agree with the pp. The parties are getting more popular year after year and it's hard to tell when one will be busier than another. We have been to 3 Halloween parties and 2 Christmas parties (with 1 of the Halloween parties being on Halloween night), and we didn't find any of them overly crowded at all. But with that said, everyone has a different perception as to what's crowded and what's not; so what might be horrible to one, might not necessarily be bad to another. If I was looking to go on a not-so-crowded night, I would probably choose a week day as the weekend parties probably have a larger attendance since you have the locals that might choose one of those over a week night, which adds to the vacation crowds. But I think you'll have a great time, busy or not, as the MK is so festive all decorated for fall/Halloween and it's fun to trick or treat in the park....plus the parades are great.

I went in September and I was so suprised that it wasn't crowded at all, we had a blast, got lots of candy and got on the rides with no waiting in line. We will go again for sure, but I am thinking that I will stick to staying away from halloween week.

We were there just 4 weeks ago and attended the 9/20 party. :cool1: The crowd was pretty light and the longest wait line was MAYBE 15 mins. Most 5 or 10. So I would say the earlier you go in the Halloween season the better. The closer you get to Halloween the more crowded it gets.

But we had a GREAT time! Boo-to-You Parade is my new fav! :cool1:

Normally the September and early October parties are lighter, and they rarely sell out. This year, the end of September was a bit of an anomaly though with the marathon and the 40th "celebration" (heh) happening. The crowds were really much higher than they've been in the past at the same time.

So, I'll echo the weekday for the day, and at least a week or two before halloween.

I went in September and I was so suprised that it wasn't crowded at all, we had a blast, got lots of candy and got on the rides with no waiting in line. We will go again for sure, but I am thinking that I will stick to staying away from halloween week.

We had the opposite experience. We went on Tuesday 9/27, which I heard was sold out, and found it to be packed. We found the ride wait times were shorter during normal park hours than they were during the party which was disappointing. So I agree with PPs in that the parties are becoming more popular. Although, the earlier you go (early September), the chances are the less crowded it will be. The closer to Halloween, the more crowded. And I think the last party is November 1st.

If free dining is offered, go

1) early to mid-September before food/wine starts. But be aware it is still "surface of the sun" hot.

2) or during a week free dining is blacked out. I think that late September crowd had as much to do with the free dining schedule as anything else. For most of the LONG time free dining was offered, that was the latest you could get to Disney with free dining. It wasn't opened up to October until the end of August this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter