Question about membership card for resale contract...

skyywalker

Mouseketeer
Hi, we finally received our membership number (no card) last week after purchasing a resale contract. As I was browsing the DVC site I noticed I can print out a digital form of the card or I can request a physical card. My understanding is the card is just for receiving membership perks? The digital card says I've been a member since 2007. If I print this digital card, or if I request a new card, how will Disney know if I'm a resale buyer?

They'll know. The "real" card is a different color.

You need a card to get into TOTW.

Thanks. It's a bit interesting to me because after searching the forums for "membership card" I understand that the "real" membership cards are blue... which happens to be the same color as the one I'm able to print.

Hi, we finally received our membership number (no card) last week after purchasing a resale contract. As I was browsing the DVC site I noticed I can print out a digital form of the card or I can request a physical card. My understanding is the card is just for receiving membership perks? The digital card says I've been a member since 2007. If I print this digital card, or if I request a new card, how will Disney know if I'm a resale buyer?

Where did you go to access the digit membership card?

LAX

Where did you go to access the digit membership card?

LAX
After logging into the DVC site I moved the cursor over "My DVC Membership" and the link was right below my name in the drop down box, but it's no longer there (might be because I just requested a card). I just now pulled it up through a search for "membership card" on the DVC site.

After logging into the DVC site I moved the cursor over "My DVC Membership" and the link was right below my name in the drop down box, but it's no longer there (might be because I just requested a card). I just now pulled it up through a search for "membership card" on the DVC site.

The search worked. Thanks.

LAX

Thanks. It's a bit interesting to me because after searching the forums for "membership card" I understand that the "real" membership cards are blue... which happens to be the same color as the one I'm able to print.

How strange when I get my membership card it is solid white

I don't think the colour it prints has any bearing on the benefits it provides...anyone could make a card print in blue ;). It's the actual card that they look at to ascertain whether a member is eligible for the benefits.

I don't think the colour it prints has any bearing on the benefits it provides...anyone could make a card print in blue ;). It's the actual card that they look at to ascertain whether a member is eligible for the benefits.
Heck, the digital card, anyone could counterfeit that.

I don't think they allow it for everything.

Or, they just figure no one will bother, which may in fact be the case.
Exactly... it would be too much work for too little reward.
The one truly good perk, the AP discount, I assume they run your member ID to verify.

MG

It is strange. Anytime I request a membership card, the link then disappears for all our membership numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter