Question about mail from Castaway Cay

mommytoxzande

Mouseketeer
Quick Question- Can you purchase postcards on Castaway Cay or do you buy them on the ship? Also can you purchase the stamps on the island or should I bring some?

Thanks

Quick Question- Can you purchase postcards on Castaway Cay or do you buy them on the ship? Also can you purchase the stamps on the island or should I bring some?

Thanks

You can purchase stamps at the post office and postcards at the shops on CC, so find a place on the beach write one out and then post care it has limited hours.

Postcards are sold onboard and on castaway. You need Bahamian stamps to mail, purchase those at the post office.

If you check your desk drawer in the stateroom there should be a couple of free ones.

Be advised that mail can take a very long time. We once mailed a birthday postcard that arrived three months late.

Postcards are available on Castaway Cay in the shops, and onboard (when the onboard shops are open). And IIRC, they put a couple of free generic Disney Cruise Line postcards in your desk in your stateroom. I would guess you could get more of those from Guest Services for no charge, but haven't ever done it.

You need Bahamian stamps to post from Castaway Cay, which can be purchased (for cash) at the CC post office when it's open, or in Nassau, or at Guest Services on the ship. I highly recommend using Guest Services, as the post office has odd hours. We never saw it open while we were at Castaway Cay. However, there's a slot you can use to post pre-stamped mail any time.

Thanks so much for all your quick replies! I will probably just get everything on board and just throw them in the mail slot.

Thanks again

Postcards are available on Castaway Cay in the shops, and onboard (when the onboard shops are open). And IIRC, they put a couple of free generic Disney Cruise Line postcards in your desk in your stateroom. I would guess you could get more of those from Guest Services for no charge, but haven't ever done it.

You need Bahamian stamps to post from Castaway Cay, which can be purchased (for cash) at the CC post office when it's open, or in Nassau, or at Guest Services on the ship. I highly recommend using Guest Services, as the post office has odd hours. We never saw it open while we were at Castaway Cay. However, there's a slot you can use to post pre-stamped mail any time.

THANK YOU!!!! I didn't know you could get them at Guest Services. We never saw the post office open on CC either, and we were disappointed not to be able to send a card home to a special wee relative. I'll know what to do next time thanks to your post. :cheer2:

Postcards are sold onboard and on castaway. You need Bahamian stamps to mail, purchase those at the post office.

If you check your desk drawer in the stateroom there should be a couple of free ones.

Be advised that mail can take a very long time. We once mailed a birthday postcard that arrived three months late.

Our first trip to Castaway Cay, we mailed 5 postcards. It took 3-5 months for 4 of them to arrive at their destinations. The 5th one never did arrive (and it's been a number of years now).

Been to CC eight times, ( one a double dip) and all postcards arrived for us and who we sent them to within two weeks.

FWIW, you can also give stamped mail to Guest Services to mail. Whether it will get the CC postmark I don't know. If it matters, ask.

FWIW, you can also give stamped mail to Guest Services to mail. Whether it will get the CC postmark I don't know. If it matters, ask.

Yes if you ask they will make sure your mail has the CC postmark. I have been to CC five times and the post office has never been open so Ijust leave my postcards at guest services. They have always reached their intended destinations within two weeks.

Sent postcards from Castaway Cay from 8 or 9 different cruises (barring the times that the ship could not dock for one reason or another), to New England in the US, Canada and the UK.

The postcards never reached us in the US in less than 2 weeks and have taken up to 8 weeks.

2 very important things to remember about the post office:

1. It is only open at certain times during the day at Castaway Cay. So make sure you check those opening times. Even then, it is Castaway Cay and you are in the Bahamas, so 'island time' applies and even when the sign says it should be open, it sometimes is not.
Plan well and don't leave it to the last minute before you get on the ship. There can be a rush of people before it officially closes at 4pm.

2. Bring 'CASH' to the post office. They do take US Dollars, but there is no other way of paying and they do not take the Key to the World Card as a payment method.
It is an official Bahamas Post Office and not part of Disney. Some people have been caught out by this and I still remember their disappointment while waiting in line behind them and we gave some families cash to buy stamps in the times we saw this.

Goog luck!

Mailed the two free postcards that are in the desk at the CC post office on June 14th and they arrived in Ohio on June 30th. I had always heard they took forever so I thought this was fairly quick.

Mailed the two free postcards that are in the desk at the CC post office on June 14th and they arrived in Ohio on June 30th. I had always heard they took forever so I thought this was fairly quick.

Similar to my experience.

The most important thing to get them home quickly is to write out the correct address and fill zip code as that can cause delays.

Our first trip to Castaway Cay, we mailed 5 postcards. It took 3-5 months for 4 of them to arrive at their destinations. The 5th one never did arrive (and it's been a number of years now).
We have also mailed postcards from Castaway Cay that never arrived.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter