Question about Magical Express from WDW to Port Canaveral

hoosthatmouse

Earning My Ears
Hi all -- Does anyone know if Magical Express will take guests from a WDW hotel to Port Canaveral for a cruise? We just put the deposit down on our cruise and are thinking of flying into MCO the night before embarkation and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I know ME will pick us up from the airport and take us to the hotel but do we have to pay extra to go from hotel to Port? Does it make a difference if the flight is booked with the hotel through Disney?

thanks in advance!
:hyper:

Yes, however, there's a charge of $35 per person per way. Also, note that the transfer will bring you in closer to 1pm to the port. Depending on how many are in your party, you might consider using a private car service instead.

No difference if you book directly or thru DCL.

It's not Magical Express.

That term refers only to transportation between the airport and the Disney resorts, which is free.

Cruise transfers from either the airport or the WDW resorts are not free, there is a fee of $35 per person each way. The transportation is handled by Mears, the same contractor who handles Magical Express.

Yes, however, there's a charge of $35 per person per way. Also, note that the transfer will bring you in closer to 1pm to the port. Depending on how many are in your party, you might consider using a private car service instead.

No difference if you book directly or thru DCL.

got it. that makes sense. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding a list of recommended private car services? :grouphug:

got it. that makes sense. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding a list of recommended private car services? :grouphug:

In the FAQ stickied thread you can find info on Town Car transfers and car rental agencies. There's a lot of good info in the thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter