Question about luggage tags

VAADAM

Earning My Ears
Good morning,

First off I would like to say thank you. I posted a few months asking for advice on our first cruise, and I got some great feedback from everyone here! Much appreciated.

We leave on our cruise this Sunday, and we moved back in December. I reached out to Disney and updated our address, however I called the other day and was told in order for them to ship out new luggage tags and the booklet it would cost us $50. (the USPS will not forward from our previous condo, long story)

First off, this kind of pissed me off. Disney made a mistake, and they want me to pay $50. A minor peeve, but for someone who has never been on a cruise before I was not very happy to hear that answer.

Anyways, how concerned should I be?

Do I really need the booklet that came with this package?

How should we handle luggage tags? Will someone be able to assist us at the airport?

Thank you!

You can get luggage tags at the port from the porters. Just take the signature form you print online with you and you'll be set.

That happened to me as well, but I only moved right before the cruise, but was told i'd be fine without it, luckily though our old neighbour had signed for it so she was able to send it on to us.

How should we handle luggage tags? Will someone be able to assist us at the airport?

Are you flying in the day of and did you plan to have DCL handle your checked bags? If so, you need put the luggage tags on at your home airport before they are checked. If you are flying in the day of and plan to handle your own luggage, or if you're flying in a day or two early, you can get new tags when you get to MCO.

Are you flying in the day of and did you plan to have DCL handle your checked bags? If so, you need put the luggage tags on at your home airport before they are checked. If you are flying in the day of and plan to handle your own luggage, or if you're flying in a day or two early, you can get new tags when you get to MCO.

This is what makes me nervous

We have a flight at the crack of dawn and the cruise is the same day.

EDIT: I just got another email from Disney saying I can bring my luggage to some desk at the airport and they will put tags on. Or we can put something identifiable on our luggage and have a Disney rep pick it up.

At the end of the day, TERRIBLE CS from Disney. They could have just sent these to me last week and been done with it, esp since I know for a fact shipping from ORL to DC is not USD $50.

Oh well, thank you for all the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter